I always hesitate just a bit before I write a gushing post about things I've created and have much pride in. But I'm going to toot my own horn anyway.
I sewed scrub caps for Todd! I started this project in early fall, so the first one I made for him is Halloween fabric. I finished it in January. The scrub caps are made using a pattern, and my brain does not compute patterns well; patterns are totally overwhelming. So it took me a long time to get brave enough for each step.
Then after I finally finished it, I did the other two in about an afternoon. So now I'm on a roll. I am making him two Independence Day ones (you can't have too many patriotic scrub caps in a military hospital) and two Christmas ones. But those are down on my to-craft list.
He looks pretty snazzy in his custom caps.
This is the best one. A busy pattern is perfect, and this is just such fun fabric.
This one I majorly cut in the wrong place in the fabric. It's pretty crappy because of the poor placement. I might need to re-do it. It's better in the back, because there's more pattern on the fabric.
10 comments:
Those are awesome! You should make some for Dad. I think you should toot away because you rock. (It makes me wish I worked in the OR so then you could make me fun scrub hats.)
These are SO VERY fabulous and fun. I'm sure Todd feels very snazzy and proud wearing them. And they probably bring not just a little admiration from others...maybe you could sell them!!!
K, So cute Jen! What a fun idea! I'm with you, I don't like patterns....I don't like patterns either! You did such a great job
Jen those are awesome! I remember having to make those christmas ornaments at JNA and you said you weren't crafty...whatever!! Good job!
Toot away! Blogs are a good place to share stuff like this. I'm impressed with all your domestic skills. I just got a sewing machine...now if I can just learn how to use it. You did a great job!
Jen, those are so creative! You should go into buisness..or sell them on Estsy!
That's so cool! What a random and neat thing to make, and Todd will be able to wear those often! I am impressed.
Wow! You are amazing! Those are awesome. I bet all the Drs wish their wives were as awesome as you!
Check you out! You've got to change your tag from "Becoming Miss Crafty" to "Being Miss Crafty".
Oh,I bet if you could shrink down those tedious patterns, you could make cute little caps for Nani when she gets enough hair for a ponytail to stick out the back.
Btw, I totally thought this was going to be a 'Nani passing the buck' post. :)
Post a Comment