Saturday, May 14, 2011

The soundtrack of our lives right now

I don't know how I've not listened to Adele until now (without Entertainment Weekly I wouldn't even know who she is; tsk). My musical growth has been severely stunted the last two years, and though I'm embarrassed to admit I only just discovered Adele's fantastic voice, I am nevertheless in love with this song right now.

I'm not the only music obsessive in the house. Nadine was recently introduced to some great YouTube videos by my dad's cousin (what does that make her to me? Second cousin? I always just call her my aunt).

We've only known about Laurie Berkner for a few weeks, but goodness she's a hit. Nadine routinely starts singing, "Marching marching." (Truth, Todd and I sing her songs too. They get stuck in your head, but not in a Barnie way; these songs actually have harmony!) We recommend all Laurie Berkner songs.


Nadine also throughly enjoys this video. Few things are as awesome as trains.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for the info. I need some new music loves. PS- Your dad's cousin is your "first-cousin-once-removed." Her children would be your second cousins. THEY would be Nadine's second-cousins-once-removed. When THEY have children, their children and Nadine would be 3rd cousins. You see how it works? I didn't think so, but it's fun to try! It's all about "generations!"

Foxs said...

I first heard of Adele a couple of summers ago when I heard a remake she did of Garth Brooks' "Make You Feel My Love". Have you heard it? I love the song already, but Adele did a phenomenal job on it! Ever since I have loved her music.

Unknown said...

We love Laurie Berkner. I enjoy the soundtrack of your life right now. We are currently rocking out to old school Raffi.

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

You are truly a good mom if you can listen to the train song over and over! Anything for a couple of minutes of peace...!!!!
Adele's voice is very "bluezy" and I love it! Great find! I'll have to listen to the Garth Brooks re-do.