Monday, March 11, 2013

Losing my mind

Ha, on the Nani blog I re-posted pictures of Nadine in the snow. From the post just before it. Woops.

I have switched my medication, and I swear the new one has turned my brain into mush. I've never been so scatter-brained.

I've left my wallet (1) in a shopping cart at Target, and (2) at home. Both times, I didn't notice until I was ready to check out of the store, with a cart full of groceries (no worries, I always returned within an hour or two to purchase my cart).

The other night I came home late, my hands full. The next morning, I took the trash outside, and when I returned, I noticed I had left my keys in our door lock, on the OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE. All night. Thank goodness we have a view-blocking storm door, and an alarm on our door, and really long-suffering guardian angels.

I switched meds because we're (still) trying to get pregnant. But the pregnancy-friendly meds are not nearly as effective as the other meds (which were hell to detox from, but so wonderful when I was taking them), and they have the unfortunate side-effect of making me spacey. And hungry. And rage-y. We'll see how long I last before I just give up and go back to the effective meds.

It's pretty funny how much trouble I have focusing, except when I really think about it. Then it's not so funny any more. Sigh.

12 comments:

Larysa said...

I'm sorry, Jen! Hormone medicine is terrible; almost as bad as trying to figure out why your body isn't cooperating. I hope it all comes together soon for you!

Rachel said...

Don't worry, you're not alone. I swear I can walk into a room 5 times for the same purpose... but never remember why it was i needed to go in there. It's momnesia, and it's totally real. :)
Were those happy meds you were taking before? I was on lexapro after I had Elise, and yes, they work wonders. I wish scientists could come up with a solution to fix depression sans the constant deluge of medication. Blah.
I didn't know you were trying for another baby. I am sure that is another huge bump on an already full roller coaster of emotions. Good luck. I'll keep you in my prayers.
p.s.- I'm reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho this month if you want to join me. :)

Corinne said...

OH friend. Hard, hard. Someone I really love had to switch her meds to get pregnant (and ended up weaning early to go back on them) and I know it was incredibly tricky and frustrating. I hope good things happen for you VERY soon :)

Unknown said...

Perhaps the forgetful thing is part hereditary? I helped with the Valentine's Day party at Josie's school and as we were leaving started to panic because I couldn't find my keys. I looked everywhere and was really beginning to freak out. I was about to call Justin when Josie's teacher pointed out that my keys were in my hand the whole time. I felt very stupid indeed.

I'm so sorry that your medication is making you loopy. I'm praying for you and hope things work out for you very soon. Love you!

Unknown said...

Also, kudos on leaving Facebook. I think about doing that at least twice a day but totally lack your strength. I guess I just need to know what lame ex-high school classmate is doing every five minutes.

Megan said...

Oh Jen... seriously, why is being a grown-up so hard? It really would be nice if there was an easy answer for things like this. I hope you start to get more used to the new meds and get your mind back. :-)

I just read your post about Facebook and was laughing the whole time because I feel so many of those exact same things. Good for you!

Also, the snow pictures of Nadine are adorable!

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

Good luck, Angel Jen. I love and adore you in or out of space.

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

I love the ocean background of your blog. How do you put your own pictures in a blog?

Whitney said...

I thought the pictures were definitely worth posting twice :)

Bleh to hormone medicine. Especially hormone medicine that is 1 part treatment and many more parts side effects.

The Bames said...

Jeff and I have been struggling for 5 years. It sucks. I don't understand why so many of us struggle getting pregnant these days. It seems like everyone I know needs some medical assistance along the way. I wish my body just WORKED!

The Bames said...

Best of luck to you and your fam!

Deb said...

i have these problems and have not switched any meds! at least you have an excuse! :) good luck, though, in all seriousness.