Then I became the mother of a daughter.
Now, I am all about female empowerment.
I'm not anti-pink, anti-princess (we watch, and enjoy, a SIGNIFICANT amount of Disney in this household). But I am definitely anti- 'girls-should-be-cute-but-not-heard', and anti- 'a-female's-only-roles-are-teacher-and-mother' (disclaimer: I am a fortunate stay-at-home mom).
Enter GoldieBlox. These are engineering toys for girls. Designed by a female engineer. Sweet!
The company is a finalist to have a commercial in the Super Bowl. Watch the below video, which is hilarious and awesome (I love the line that says,"You like to buy us pink toys...and everything else is for boys.").
Vote for GoldieBlox to win an ad in the Super Bowl.
Vote daily and on multiple platforms, so this great company will get even more exposure.
And tell others!
3 comments:
I vote every day from my phone and computer.
I, too, love and vote for this! Me and the girls have watched this commercial several times and Josie loves it. She thinks it's awesome and hilarious (and so do I)!
I voted!!
Post a Comment