Thursday, January 17, 2008

Longest week ever

So the wedding is in 2 days, and this week has just dragged. Being excited makes time stop. Today is my last day of work for 10 days, which is fantastic (Mexico, here we come!). Also great is knowing the week is almost done, so I can stop stressing about all the things that could go wrong.

Most of our siblings are in town or arriving tonight, and it has been so fun. I love having time to hang out with family. It's so weird to think Todd and I will very soon be our own family. So cool.

And it's cold! Like, the temperature dropped 20 degrees and it's windy. The forecast for Saturday is warmer, so I'm hoping that's true. If not, maybe I can wear my snazzy new purple coat. There's nothing wrong with that.

Yesterday we got a present from my grandparents who are on a mission and not coming to the wedding (sad). We've been opening all the presents we get before the wedding, because (1) we're way excited and opening presents is so fun, and (2) we figure we'll have more presents after the wedding, so it's easier to stretch it out and enjoy opening all the gifts. Anyway, back to my grandparents' gift: they sent the cutest framed quote by Dr. Seuss. It says,

You know you're in love when you can't sleep . . .
because reality is finally better than your dreams.

Awwwwww.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that quote! It is so cute! I am way sad that I won't be there to see you on your big day. I told my parents to bring their digital camera and take pics so that I can see how everything turned out (I hope you don't think that is too weird). I just figure it will be a while before you will update your blog with wedding photos and I don't have a whole lot of patience.

I have had your invitation on my fridge for a while now and every time I see it I get so excited for you! Congratulations Jen - I can't wait to meet Todd when I come out in a couple of months!

Love you!

Dalton Family said...

2 DAYS!!!??? Congrats! I love that quote too...I might steal it for my house:) Have fun in Mexico! Can't wait to see pictures!

Jess said...

I AM SO EXCITED TO COME SEE YOU!!!

Katie said...

I as well love that quote and may have to steal it! Best of luck tomorrow. I can feel your excitement and it gets me so excited for you! Tomorrow you'll be a married woman, yeah!!!!! We wish we could be there, but we'll be thinking of you all day!

Maggie said...

For anyone, like Ariane, who don't like to wait to see photos, I posted some of the bride and groom on my own blog: mmrippfam.blogspot.com
Hope it'll tide you over till the Jensens return from their honeymoon :)

Maggie said...

(i meant "anyone who doesn't like to wait)

Whitney said...

Dear Jen,

I am happy that I got to see you this weekend, and I am happy you are married, and I am happy that you are in Mexico, but I am not happy that you are not online.

Love,

Whitney

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

Whitney cracks me up every time. I'm glad she's your sister.