We found a townhouse to rent in Maryland! We're so excited about it, especially because we won't have to spend Todd's precious few days off looking for a house.
The story is really cool, and reaffirms that sometimes things really do work out for the best.
My sister-in-law Nicole first told us this place was for rent. Randomly, we've stayed there before--last August when Todd and I went to DC for his interview at Walter Reed, we stayed with Greg and Nicole, who were getting ready to move to Germany. Their household items were on the way to Germany, so they were house sitting for a family who was on vacation.

When we stayed with Greg and Nicole in DC, we stayed in this townhouse. So we're not renting it sight-unseen--we've spent the weekend in the house. Crazy huh? If that's not providence, I don't know what is. And when we stayed there we remember commenting how nice it was, how beautiful the paint was, etc.
To make a long story short (too late) everything is perfect for us to get this house, and I can't wait. I am so excited about moving into a place that's well painted (is it sad the paint color was my biggest draw?).

Plus, the kitchen is huge, which is one of my musts, and the house has a bunch of built-ins that are beautiful--look at the built-in shelves in the dining room. Gorgeous huh? Yea storage.

The house is in Laurel, about the furthest doable commute for Todd, but it's near a Commissary, Costco, outlet mall (!!!), and down the street from a library. Le sigh. We're ecstatic, and so very fortunate.

The basement. Again with the awesome paint.
20 comments:
I am so excited for you! It really is beautiful.
Nice Pumba quote too.
It's beautiful! Congratulations! What a relief to already have a place you'll love.
Yea! I am so excited for you! That is crazy that you stayed there before! I am glad it all worked out!
Wow! No starving "student" digs for you guys. It's beautiful and sounds like a great location. (Love the paint!)
What an adorable house, Jen! That kitchen is to die for. So excited for you guys!
Outlet mall AND a library?!? I will definitely be visiting often :)
Wow, it's gorgeous! And meant to be. I love the paint and built-ins too... I'm so jealous!
That IS beautiful! I especially love the kitchen cabinets. What a pretty color. So great. Don't you love when things just fall into place? Meant to be...
That is the nicest townhome I think I've ever seen!!! Wow! And how cool that you've been there before!.
By the way, I commented on the "feet in sand" picture, but I don't think it worked. To sum up what I said, I'm IN LOVE with that picture! I want one of my kids! It's perfect!
PS....that blue kitchen is my favorite part of the house! I'm obsessed with that color at the moment! I'm so excited for you!
What a beauty! and yes, what Providence!! I am still so sad that we didn't get out to Hawaii. And you even had a different photographer friend come visit!! Now I feel really bad :)
I am so glad that it worked out! I can't wait to see pictures of the place with your stuff in it. The Parishs posted on their Facebook, that they "couldn't have picked out better tenants!" I certainly agree.
I'm jealous! I hope we can find something great like that! But of course, we'll be there only for a year, so we'll make do. It'll be so fun to live close by again :)
Wow! That's perfect! I'm excited you guys will be heading out our way! When do you get here?
And as a side note, you HAVE to get your hands on this one...
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/janeeyre/index.html
It's the best one yet.
So cute! I can totally see you there. (I believe I can also see myself there visiting...)
So cute! I can totally see you there. (I believe I can also see myself there visiting...)
Wow! This place looks great! I love all the detail work. That will be so fun to decorate!
I love the paint!! It sounds perfect!! I am so glad it worked out so well.
Post a Comment