Thursday, August 5, 2010

And there was much rejoicing (yay)

BabyLegs: $15
Socks from Target: $2.99
Having my sewing machine again: priceless

I love the BabyLegs we bought for Nadine (at a steep discount, mind you). We put them on her when we enter any air conditioned building because her poor little shorts-clad legs freeze. Also they're perfect to protect her knees as she crawls (especially now that she has she mastered the step out of the living room, after which she crawls on the wood floor).

And then I saw this tutorial on my friend's blog. Homemade BabyLegs! Hooray for uber-cheap leggings AND a project to help me keep my sanity!
It was especially enjoyable to spend far too much time at Target looking for socks that are funky and fun.

Our sewing machine arrived yesterday with a bit of our stuff (everything else arrives on Monday--hallelujah) and I've already put it to use with this project. I have so many sewing projects in my mental queue.
(Don't her feet look so weird in this picture? Apparently it's an odd angle. To me she looks backwards. Eew.)

It truly is an easy project, though I had a really hard time sewing straight; luckily it doesn't show. The yellow ones are our favorite pattern (and by "we" I mean Jen & Todd; Nani is blissfully uninterested in fashion).
I did all these while she napped today (since she overcame the monster of all jetlags, she has started taking 2-hour naps. It's wonderful. If she had napped that long from the beginning I think I would've had a much easier time the first five months).

10 comments:

SaMama said...

Hooray for your sewing machine arriving!!! Those turned out so cute!

Linda said...

Really cute, Jen. What a great idea for air-conditioned rooms! I'm totally impressed.

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

Yippppeee! there is nothing like a good project to chase away the boredom and blues. The baby legs are adorable. I think I need a baby so that I can make some.

Unknown said...

Those are so cute. You really are Miss Crafty! I love the baby legs. I plan on having Josie wear them again this winter! They're so perfect.

Jessie said...

Way to go Jenn! They all turned out super cute!

stacia said...

You are so creative! I just got a sewing machine for my birthday so I will have to try this project when Tay Ro learns to crawl

stacia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

That is such a great idea! Very talented! I actually have those black and white socks. That's funny. I'm glad more of your things are finally starting to arrive. Is it feeling a little more like home?

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

You never cease to amaze me with all this fun things you've made. Kudos!

Sarah said...

cool idea! I could never get them to stay on Eva's thunder thighs but I always envied the babies that could pull them off. They're darling.