Monday, September 13, 2010

Our house, in the middle of our street

Because very few family members have been in our house, this post is nothing but photos of the house we're renting in Maryland. I love this house; it is definitely the bright spot of the move. We're so blessed to be in it.

We no longer look like college bachelors (minus the Ramen noodles in the corner), sitting on a blow-up mattress and eating off plastic plates; and we're not swimming in a sea of boxes (because my mom and sister Kelsey basically unloaded every box when they were out here dropping Whitney off at law school; I am so grateful for their help).

Here are the "befores" in July. The living and dining rooms were quite empty.
Here is a "transit" in August. This was such an overwhelming amount of boxes.
And here's now. Even the pictures are up!
Nadine has her Seussical Experience room again. It was so nice to get her out of the Pack & Play, her bed for 7 weeks, and back into her crib.
Notice the built-in dresser and mirror. Most of the bedrooms have this. It's so cool.
The basement is also fantastic; do you see the wall on the right that is nothing but shelving?! I love having so much space for our books.

12 comments:

Whitney said...

I have been to your house. Multiple times. I win.

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

I have been to your house too, but that was before it was yours. I love the built in dressers. Someday I am going to built a house with those. I am glad that you are happy with it....

Maggie said...

Isn't it nice to have a place to sit other than the floor?! I like the built-in shelves and drawers, too. Your house is looking good :)

Katie said...

Love the charm of your new pad! Glad you are out from under the boxes so soon. It always takes me almost a year!

Maren and Rik said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you got your stuff and that Mom and Kels could unload most of your stuff. The house is very cute!

SaMama said...

I sigh with envy every time I think of your built-ins. And your gorgeous color everywhere!

Dalton Family said...

Love your house!

Megan said...

It looks great, Jen! It's gotta be so nice for it to finally start feeling like home. :-)

Unknown said...

I love it! So much character! It's a gorgeous place.

Sarah said...

Good work! So do you like it out here? We'll have to figure out a way to meet up before you leave. How long are you here again?

April said...

Love the house!

Anonymous said...

:) It was very fun to help you unload all of your stuff and see your house organize. and to be around cute little Nani, too.