Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My toes are froze and my nose is froze

I finally finished the quilt I made for Todd. He designed the pattern, and I think it looks great. Because I'm an uber-nerd, we made the pattern using Publisher (we even copy and pasted the fabric from JoAnn's site), but it was actually really fun and much easier to design it that way. I'm really pleased with how the quilt turned out, even if I did make several major mistakes ("opportunities for growth" Ü).
His two requirements were that it's warm and big. I put flannel at the bottom (my new favorite), and the quilt is the length of our couch. It dwarfs me, and it's so snuggly.
He even let me use this very cool paisley fabric as binding.
It's so sweet Todd encourages and supports my hobbies. I very much appreciate it.

Also, because we're getting into trying to warm ourselves, yesterday we bought me my first pair of boots. They're not at all what I thought I'd want, but I'm so excited about them and how practical they are; they're blasted warm (the inside is lined with fur). And they look cute with skirts, which was my goal.

7 comments:

Jessie said...

Quilt looks awesome! I haven't thought about boots in years. JK!

Lara said...

Super cute quilt!! I would love to try to make a pieced quilt. I am thinking of someday taking a class at Fiddlesticks, I think that would be fun. Love the boots too. :)

Unknown said...

You're so talented! I have the fabric to make a quilt but haven't yet because they scare me.

I love your boots, they look very warm. You are going to love those in the winter!

P.S. - I need to check my messages but I think Matt and Maggie may be stopping by to visit this weekend, I'm so excited (and I just can't hide it)!

stacia said...

You are so CRAFTY! And I love those boots... where did you get them? Not that I need boots in Las Vegas!

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

The jewel tones on that quilt are very, very striking! You are amazing with the projects you fearlessly jump into...that's the best way, otherwise you "analyze your weaknesses" and don't learn new and worthwhile things! Clever to put the pattern together on the computer, and Todd did a great job designing it. What a team! It's so big, and will be a wonderful source of warmth for the whole family this winter, I'm sure! And the boots are so beautiful...do you intend to get them wet?!!! And they will make you taller, which is always a bonus for folks who are vertically challenged!

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

I am impressed! I am quilting challenged. Can't do straight lines and don't have the patience for a project that last more than a day. Looks like you are ready for the winter. We are getting ready over here too.....brrr.....

SaMama said...

Fantastic boots!!! SO jealous! I've been trying to fins a pair to wear with skirt suits for Reno, and no luck. Dang it. If they're sueded (can't tell) take them to a shoe place (cobbler) and have them waterproofed. It's not expensive, and will save your shoes.

And awesome quilt btw. Love the pattern.