Wednesday, October 20, 2010

An open letter to the kids outside

The streetlights are on. It's dark. My grumpy baby is sleeping.

Stop screaming.

You do this every night.

Where are your parents?

Exasperatedly,
Your (also grumpy, apparently) neighbor

5 comments:

Rachel said...

The clip just made me LAUGH!! I TOTALLY understand! Our little baja neighbors have NO CONCEPT of neighborly manners, appropriate times to be quiet or go inside. Seriously, 2 or 3 times a month I get so worked up I have to go over and tell them to please be quiet or go inside because my kids (whose window they're screaming under) are asleep- at 9:00... or 10, yes, even 11:00. Really, where's the common curtesy? Just go tell them to (polietly) SHUT UP. It's okay. Your and Nadine's sleep (and sanity) are worth it. (If you think you're the grumpy neighbor then give them otter pops sometime. It worked with my neighbor kids.) :) Good luck and I'm sorry! Boo for noisy, neglected, neighborhood ninos. (Did ya like all those n's?)

Lara said...

Oh my heck! That clip totally cracked me up!!! I can completely relate, my neighbor who was a senior in HS last year had roudy friends who I was extremely tempted to go yell at for playing too loud of music and for honking their horn and waking Landon up. Ugh - I am glad they are gone.

SaMama said...

I think you should ambush them with water balloons from the 2nd/3rd floor. That will send them running back inside.

Unknown said...

I like the water balloon idea. If you get busted just say that Nadine did it. :)

I love Kindergarten Cop. Awesome movie.

Whitney said...

Dear Jen,

Don't you know it takes a village to raise a child? Apparently the Jensen household is in charge of manners. So really, it's all your fault.

Whitney