Here are three of the non-scrub cap things I've made recently.
1. A diaper case found here (the case pattern is a bit down the page). These things are so dang handy. I have one in my church bag and one in the diaper bag. Sewing this took me only a couple hours; I was surprised how relatively simple it was (hooray straight lines). When you do her tutorial, though, use the measurements from this first page, but use the inside-out instructions here; these ones are much easier to follow.
I enjoyed being able to use my very cute extra Seuss fabric.
In this case I can fit three diapers, a wipes case, a small Butt Paste, and a small container of anti-bac. It's surprisingly roomy.
2. A hooded towel found here. I love hooded towels for Nadine; they're adorable and so snuggly, and quite necessary in the winter. But it's tough to find ones that are big enough and soft (especially for toddler size and up). I like that with this tutorial you can go to any store and pick your towel, so you get the exact color and softness and size you want (at a decent price; Target worked well for me). Also, these were amazingly simple--I finished each in 45 minutes.
Yep, it really is that bright. Yikes, it's especially bright on screen.
Instead of trying to get thread that matched the towels, I used a zig-zag stitch and opposing thread color, and I really like the result.
To spice up the towels, I added a ribbon to the end of one and a piece of fabric to the end of the other. Nadine is so excited to have a "Pooh towel."
3. An adorable Christmas card holder found here. I bought everything for this craft a year ago, and finally got around to it at the beginning of December. This year.
I doubled the ribbon in the cutout in our entryway; I really like seeing the cards every time I walk through the door.
(Do you see yourself on here? If so, thanks for the Christmas card! Ü I love getting them.)
8 comments:
You are über crafty! Love all the crafts. I've been doing some sewing too, but it's not quite as calming for me as it appears to be for you (plus you're much better, methinks the two are related)!
You ARE super crafty. I need to learn how to sew. I think it would be so much fun. I made our smurf hats and that was a major accomplishment for me. :) I super dooper love the card holder.
Very cute idea.
P.S. So glad you feel the same way about carseats. We have a Britax too. I really have loved it, but yes it is ginormous.
super-cute! i LOVE making hoodie towels, and have had to stop myself from making them, because let's just be honest...how many towels does an unborn baby REALLY need? :)
I love all the stuff you made! That Christmas card display is such a good idea, I may have to steal it for next year.
I pinned those clothes pins so I could remember to make my own next year and they have been repinned several times over since just yesterday. You are so talented!
Wow! Look at how amazing you are! Love your craftiness!
LOVE the towels! I made those for my kids when they were small and they used them until they were FIVE. That's some usage :) The diaper pack is a great idea too :)
I'm definitely looking forward to my card set! Those are so cute---who thinks of these things?? You are fast becoming the craft-lady guru. Keep posting your ideas because I can use them. Thanks!
Post a Comment