We live in a really great county, and one of the traditions is for the fire department to come through the neighborhoods parade-style, with a Santa who gives out candy. Last year it took us by surprise (and they woke our sleeping baby, so we cursed fire Santa), but luckily this year we had the schedule, so we pushed Nadine's bedtime back a bit. They came through our street on Wednesday at about 8:00 p.m.
They rolled into our neighborhood with lights going and sirens blaring. It was so loud. And so ridiculously cool. Nadine loved it. They had the large fire truck with the ladder (the engine? Megan, help me out with the proper lingo! Ü), an ambulance, an SUV, and a pickup truck with Santa in the back. Then they stopped and gave candy canes to all the kids. The public relations nerd in me was so impressed that the firefighters do this for our community.
So now Nadine knows that Santa comes at night, but if you wonder why she thinks he also fights fires, you'll understand.
Merry Christmas all.
4 comments:
That is a super fun tradition! I think it's great Nadine will think Santa fights fires....no concern over him being burned in fireplaces!!!
Ok, I'm STILL slacking on my blog reading, so I just now saw this one. The truck with the ladder is called the... wait for it... TRUCK! :-) It seems like it should have a cooler name. The engines are a little smaller.
ANYWAY, that is so cool that they do that!! How fun! I'm gonna have to show Dennis... maybe he can get something like that started around here. ha!
Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!!
OH! And your craftiness in your last post is AWESOME!! I'm SO impressed! I love the Christmas card solution!! I never know what to do with them - how fun!
I just saw this, and what a fun post. A loud, screaming firetruck coming though each neighborhood?? That's really cool! I'm glad Nadine will have it for two years that she'll be able to enjoy it.
Post a Comment