Friday, February 24, 2012

Nani blog updated

I've updated Nadine's blog with pictures of her first paid hair cut.

Also, a quick story just about Jen.

One of the things I really like about living in Maryland is that we quite frequently have geese fly over our house, honking at each other. Those of you who did not grow up in the beautiful wasteland that is the desert will not understand this, but it's still strange to me to live among wildlife, especially large birds. So I thoroughly enjoy hearing and seeing the geese.
A few weeks ago, huge flocks of geese flew over our house every day, and I loved the loud cacophony of their honking. I finally got a picture of them flying over us. Seriously, there were at least 40 geese flying together. So cool.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Whenever I try to explain my wildlife-less upbringing (the desert admittedly has wildlife, but almost all of it is nocturnal, and I am not. I digress), I tell people that I grew up thinking squirrels only lived in national parks. Because I did.

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

What a peaceful commentary. I can just hear the geese honking and see the beautiful movement in my head. Nice picture! I did see a red-tailed hawk today flying low to the ground---very striking bird.

April said...

I love Geese too! We get a lot of them here! I love the sound of them and their formations! They are beautiful! They kind of make a mess, but I think they are worth it!

Tana said...

Whitney, I love and miss you as well as Jen and family!

You have described one of the many reasons we plan to retire back in Montana in the end. Geese, swans, eagles, elk, deer, foxes, fishes, on and on and on. It all lowers your heart rate and life pace.

Enjoy every moment.