Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Practically perfect in every way

I posted a video on the Nani blog. Nadine is singing the "Months of the Year" song that I learned . . . in elementary school? (Probably right after we learned "Home Means Nevada.") Do you other BC people remember learning the "Months of the Year" song, or am I totally mis-remembering where I learned it? Maybe it was in church . . ..

(Random church insert: We sang a song about the primary colors [which are one, two, three--red, yellow, and blue] and, because the part of church devoted to children is called Primary, I thought those were the colors of Primary. Kinda like school colors. I was embarrassingly old, probably nearly high school [or even in high school!] when I put together that the church's Primary doesn't have official colors, but that we were actually singing about those primary colors that form the foundation of all other colors. Heh.)
Regardless, I taught it (the months song) to Nadine, who learned the words in a ridiculously short amount of time. And I had to get it on video, because it's so cute.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yep, that song is from elementary school music class. I sing it to my kids too.

Cara said...

a. i also learned the months song in elementary school, but to a different tune.

b. i totally thought the primary colors song was about the Primary's colors until i was in high school, too! don't be embarrassed...now you know you're not the only one!

c. nadine's little singing voice is a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e!

Rachel B. said...

That is hilarious about the primary colors. Isn't it funny the random things that we don't "get" until we're way older than we should be. I swear we all have them. On my way over to see Nadine sing!

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

She's brilliant. And you're a great mom.