Turns out that was nothing. I have never before witnessed the craze that is professional sports fans.
We live in Olympia, which is 60 miles south of Seattle. For me, that's a decent distance and I don't at all associate with Seattle or its teams. But that shows my lack of a pro team upbringing.
We are in full Seahawks 12th Man* mode down here. I can see why the Seahawks fans are known for their fervor. These fans are crazy! And I kinda love it.
We lived within 17 miles of the Baltimore Ravens stadium last year, and I thought it was fun to be around the fans of a Super Bowl-winning team. But, they have nothing to Seahawks fans.
And it's so fun! I'm getting caught up in the hype, and I don't even like the NFL. We may even watch the game this Sunday.
Every available marquee is devoted to the Seahawks. Seriously. Every. Single. One.
I love this sign.
*I didn't even know what a 12th Man was until a month ago.

4 comments:
That's exactly how people are out here about Notre Dame football. The WHOLE CITY gets into it. Grocery stores tail gate, people go crazy. I love it so much. I will forever be a ND fan because of how fun it is. I get it. I'm kinda sad that Idaho doesn't have anything like that.
My dad grew up in Seattle and all his family left there are diehard fans. It's fun to see their FB posts! (Remember when the Rebels BB team made it so far in the finals so many years ago? Your mom and dad were more excited than anyone I knew!)
That is so fun! And that sign is awesome! Although I'll admit, I had to ask Dennis what "12th man" was before I got it. :-)
Yay for the Seahawks! I can't wait to see pictures from the parade! How fun to be wrapped up in it all!
Post a Comment