For those who don't know, here's the definition of an LDS stake. I love how businesses, religions, geographic areas, etc. all have their own languages. What an interesting phenomenon.
So, is it blasphemous to say "Dam" in relation to a stake? Maybe. More irreverant than anything. But Boulder City is known as the Best City by a Dam Site, and we truly never get sick of the Dam jokes. Obviously.But really, how much fun would it be to have a Hoover Dam Stake? It would never work because there are way too many of us who have the humor of a 13-year-old boy, but it'd still be fun. For that reason.
11 comments:
That would be the best name ever! Too funny. I'm right with you on thinking "dam" jokes are funny. But then again I giggle in church when somebody who's reading from the scriptures says "ass."
Ooh, I hope you get to be the "best dam stake in Nevada"!
I also giggle to myself when someone reads "ass". Wow, will we ever really "grow up"? Your mom IS funny, one of the reasons we love her so much!
Yeah, I totally believe we should be the Hoover Dam Stake. We'll probably get stuck with something boring and nature-oriented like "The Bighorn stake" or "Creosote stake". Oh if we were in power...
You'll have to let us know what the name ends up being!!
Haha...I do love the "dam" jokes! Your blogs are always entertaining to read. Maybe I'll see you at stake conf next week for one last time that we are in the same stake.
I think that would be a great stake name. I love dam jokes. I grew up with my grandpa telling dam jokes just so he could say the word.
Excellent idea! Your mom is a genius! I heard rumor fly that it will be the Henderson Eldorado Stake, but it is a rumor. It will definitely be interesting and exciting to see on Sunday. I've been wishing for this like ever since we moved to BC. 12 wards is way too big for one stake!!!
I love it!!! I completely think it should be called the Hoover Dam Stake!
So what was the final decision on the name?
It's the Eldorado Stake. No Dams anywhere. Dang.
I say even if they dont call your Stake the "best dam stake" that you call it that anyway. Maybe it will catch on
Post a Comment