Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tempting fate

We all know I have issues about Karma gods and tempting fate. I'm totally weird about it. I don't comment on how smooth traffic was until I'm home. I didn't put my married name on anything until after the wedding. I always knock on wood. I'm nuts.

BUT, I'm slightly breaking with tradition because I'm excited and want to post about it. We and my sisters and their spouses are planning a trip to Los Angeles. There is a musical (because of Karma it will remain nameless but it looks like this)
we all want to see and we are planning to get tickets before it leaves LA. We were going to order the tickets through Ticketmaster.
(Quick aside--I despise Ticketmaster. The fees are excessive and it bothers me when you can only get tickets through this vendor. BUT, if you can only order tickets online, I think it's better to use Ticketmaster because it's a reliable vendor with relatively good customer service as a recourse for when things go to pot.)
Because I hate convenience charges, I was trying to find the direct number for the box office. Then I started lamenting how I don't know anyone who lives in Hollywood and could get the tickets for us. Then inspiration struck.
A friend who I play volleyball with is going to this show. On Friday. And she was wonderful enough to be willing to buy our tickets. At the box office. So we're going to save $12 a ticket. Which is pretty huge.
Yea for nice people.

13 comments:

Dalton Family said...

Smart thinking! We saw that in LA too and it was AMAZING!!! How fun that you are all going as couples! I can't wait to hear about it!

Oh, and I love how superstitious you are--it cracks me up!!!

Karena said...

Totally jealous that you get to go! I have been begging Rich to take me for a long time. Hope you have a blast!

Jess said...

You are so funny! I love finding a good deal!!! You will love it too. I saw in NYC last year. Fantastic!

Meg said...

Hey I am jealous you guys get to go. I have been trying to convince Eric to go but he isn't sold on it. Though I may have a chance to go for free with my sisters high school class so I am keeping my fingers crossed. By the way I live in LA if you ever need me to get tickets. When are you watching it.

Ashlee said...

Yea-you will love it! And way to be a bargain shopper:)

Unknown said...

Yay for nice people indeed! I am jealous about the nameless show you are going to see. I've heard it's amazing!

Jen said...

Meg, that's good to know and so nice of you to offer. I'll definitely take advantage of it next time. We're getting tickets for June 14 (cross your fingers, knock on wood). I hope you get to see it, it's amazing. I don't like musicals but I thoroughly enjoyed it, so maybe it wouldn't bother Eric much.

Whitney said...

Dear Jen,

I would just like to say how proud I am of you for attending a musical of your own free will and volition. Such a culture-oriented decision. Soon you will be a Starbucks-drinking, opening-to-closing museum attender. And what a great day that will be. :)

Whitney

Kerstin said...

How fun! I really want to see this muscial andI told Jared that we have to go see it before we move from this part of the country (it plays in Chicago).

Rachel B. said...

That's great the you saved that money. I agree that there extra fees are ridiculous! What a fun play to go to. I've seen it in New York twice and loved it. Have fun!

Katie said...

Sounds like a blast! I hear you about avoiding all the fees- they like to soak you dry, don't they?

Zach and Nikki said...

I have to add myself to list of people who are so jealous. Zach went and saw that just as we started dating so he's already seen and therefore doesn't feel the need to go see it again- while I haven't seen it and would LOVE to. Hmmph- maybe someday I'll get to. Anyhow- have a blast!

Sarah said...

Fun! We saw it in Chicago and I was so blown away at the ending, I thought it was so incredible... then Devin asked me why I was leaving because it was only intermission. And it got even better...