Thursday, February 5, 2009

Parting is such sweet sorrow

It's as official as it can be without being listed on MLS yet--our house is for sale.

Since Todd and I got engaged I've known this was coming, but it still crept up on me. Decluttering the house sucks. Worrying about whether it will sell or if we can find renters sucks. But knowing I'm going to be leaving my first house really sucks.

At least I'm leaving it for Hawaii.

15 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Um, yeah, leaving for Hawaii definitely has to make it a little better. :) But still so sad. A first house has so much meaning and memories. I know I will bawl when we end up leaving here. But still, how exciting for you to start a new chapter in your lives!

April said...

I am sad you are leaving too! I love your house! I have many fond memories there.

But it will be fun for you to start a new adventure, and it is Hawaii!

Sarah said...

I'm with April. I could say the same thing about that house! I love it! Hawaii is a nice consolation though!

Sarah said...

I'm with April. I could say the same thing about that house! I love it! Hawaii is a nice consolation though!

The Hills said...

It is hard for me to feel too sorry for you as your are going to Hawaii!!! But, my condolences.

Meg said...

I hope it sells and decluttering does suck. But Hawaii is the place to make it all better. When do you guys go?

Ellsworth Family said...

Sad that you are leaving, but moving to Hawaii helps to soften the blow. Oh and P.S. I am already planning a trip out to Hawaii, see ya soon!!!

Jen said...

Anisha, Oh, yippee! You could be our first family visit!! When will you be there? Also, welcome back to the internet. :) I liked the picture of you on your blog riding a horse.

Meg, we have to be there June 7 (a month earlier than we'd thought!) so we'll probably leave the last week of Mayish. And our house will be packed and moved 7 weeks before that. Yikes.

The Davis' said...

It is very hard to leave your first house...that is what we are doing right now too. However, we are not lucky enough to be moving to Hawaii :)

Megan said...

I was surprised at how sad it was to sell my first house too. It doesn't seem like it would be when you're moving on to "bigger and better things" but it definitely still is. Good luck with everything, and let me know if you need any help.

Maggie said...

I wondered what would happen to your house. Moving is hard. Period. I hope it all goes smoothly! I wish we could come visit you in HI!

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

I was sad when we sold too! I could feel the house becoming less and less mine as we got closer to signing. The stress is no fun either, especially in this market. But....Soon you will be on the beach and it will all be behind you!

Thanks for the advice on the boots. It gave me confidence. I have already worn the twice and am looking for a brown pair.

The Bames said...

Being in Hawaii for one summer in college was the best summer I've ever had in my life. Don't worry too much, although I imagine preparing for such a long move would be even worse than a normal move! GOOD LUCK!

Jess said...

I hope your home sells quickly! You've done so much work on that house. I can't believe all of your changes! You're a pro!! Keep me updated.

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

I refuse to acknowledge that you are moving.