Monday, February 16, 2009

Snips and snails, and puppy-dogs' tails

I am making a scrapbook for my sister's baby who's due in two months. I'm not very good at scrapbooking, although I do enjoy making pages for other people. And Joann was having a sale today so I bought lots of cute baby scrapbook things. It's so hard to resist adorable scrapbook flair, especially baby flair, especially for my sister.

I want it to be the baby's first year book, with pages for the major milestones. But I'm not sure what exactly those milestones are. What are the things you all wanted to remember about your baby's first year? I would LOVE your advice on milestones to include on the pages and other events I should include in this book. I have the following so far:
  • Pregnancy stuff, like: ultrasound pictures; first time she felt him move; how she told Aaron and grandparents and aunts and uncles, etc.
  • Where he's born, how much he weighs, length, etc.
  • Baby feet/hand prints
  • Sleeping baby pictures
  • First sink/tub bath
  • First haircut
What am I missing? What do you think are important memories? I need ideas!

15 comments:

The Ortega Family said...

LAUGH WITH SOUND
ROLL OVER
SIT UP ALONE
TEETH
STEPS??

Rachel said...

first moments with food, first words (maybe), first rolling over/crawling/steps, first laughing, first holidays (Christmas, Halloween, 1st birthday), baby (toothless) smiles, a not-so-happy picture, blessing day pictures, 1st family picture, pic w/ mom, pic w/ dad, first family vacation...
I'll keep thinking :) That's a great gift idea, by the way. I love it! (p.s.- we need to hang out again before you guys zip off to beautiful Hawaii. :) )

Andrea said...

Ummm...everything I was thinking of when I clicked to add a comment has already been left in the comments above! I don't have any other ideas...SORRY!

Although, I think you have enough suggestions to keep you busy!

Jessie said...

Did they say blessing day?

What an awesome gift. I would love it! I haven't even started on Jensen's scrapbook and he is almost ten months old. You just don't have time for those things when those little ones come. She will totally appreciated it.

Unknown said...

I think they covered it all pretty much. The only other thing I could think of is a picture of the house they brought him home to. I never took a picture of our Vegas house and I sort of regret it now because Clayton won't ever get to see a picture of the place he spent his first two years!!

It's going to turn out so cute! I hope you post a picture of it when you are all done!!

Rachel B. said...

Good idea...and yes the first comments about covered it. Cute stuff.

April said...

Ditto to everything everyone else said. Another fun page might be, first pictures with grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. Also maybe just a page of favorites, i.e. fav blanket, toy, food., etc. That is a great idea! How fun! (Did someone say first teeth?)

Sarah said...

Love the idea! it's great! I think everyone just about covered. I can't think of any others. You have a very lucky sister!

Jen said...

You guys are amazing! Those are awesome ideas. I wouldn't have thought of most of them, so I'm totally excited. Keem 'em coming! I have a month. ;)

Zach and Nikki said...

Everybody already left what I was thinking of, but one thing that I've kept that can be put in a scrap book is some of the hair from the first trimming. It's so soft, and was such a sad day for me to have to finally cut some of it that I had to keep a little.

Sarah said...

Fun gift! Maybe a month-by-month prego page to see how her tummy grows. Favorite outfits, discovering toes, POOPS!!!!

Julie Somerhalder said...

How about a page for baby's first outing to a sporting event....knowing Aaron, that baby will be taken to a football, basketball, or volleyball game before his first birthday!

Andrea said...

yes, solids is a VERY good idea! Especially if their baby is picky like a lot of babies! Tori NEVER makes faces with anything...we give her lemons and she LOVES them! The babies that give a funny face at different foods are SO funny! Also, I know I took a family picture of us all going to church for the first time after she was born...I went in active for a month or so! That could be an idea! Wow...I can't believe how many ideas you have gotten. Your sister is going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you for doing this for her! And, it will help her remember to take the pictures because she will think of her CUTE scrapbook you made her! She is one lucky girl!

Also, have you thought about just duplicating the pages for yourself someday?? Just an idea!! Lol

Angie said...

Found your blog through your comment on mine :) What a cute idea for your sister--I'm sure she'll really appreciate it!
As far as Brielle being peaceful..NO WAY!! I think that's why I love her sleeping so much :) hahaha. Seriously though, that girl has got some spunk. It's what makes her "her" though. She's a sweetheart, with defintely more spice than sugar!!

Foxs said...

I was thinking about the things that my mom put in my baby book and came up with these:
Details about the day the baby is blessed and maybe a place to put the blessing certificate, first time he eats solid food, a page to jot down any funny, cute or tender moments, first time he smiles. I will let you know if I think of anymore. You are such a great sister to put together a book like this!! Very creative :)