Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mi casa es su casa . . .

Heh, remember that Adam Sandler CD that was huge in the early 90s? Scandalous.

Anyway, we got the townhouse! We're so excited, especially knowing we'll be able to unpack soon. We won't be able to move in as soon as we'd like because they're redoing the fridge, but it'll be no later than the 22nd, maybe earlier if they actually fix the thing.

Here's the front room with the absolutely huge lanai (not porch) that we're very much looking forward to using.
And here is my favorite part--the just refurbished kitchen. It's so spacious and pretty!

Also, this place is 1.8 miles (yup, we looked it up on the GPS) from the beautiful beach. Now THAT will be a great jogging route.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you feel about guests next year ;)

Cara said...

i love love love it! i'm so excited that you're actually living in hawaii! what the life you lead! :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous. I love the kitchen. I'm glad you got the townhouse. How many bedrooms? Let me know when you're ready for visitors!

Dalton Family said...

You're living a great life! That is such a great find....congrats!

Kerstin said...

That kitchen looks so nice!!! I am so glad you guys have a plce to live now and I am so jealous that you get to live in Hawaii for a year!

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

You are definitely a grown up when you get excited about a huge, nice kitchen!...and a regular sized washer and dryer! And the bonus is a close beach...congrats on the great home!

Anonymous said...

OOOO!! It's so pretty! Does you old computer still hate you?

Jessica B Photography said...

WOW, I'd be excited for that kitchen too. You can breath in there!!! Your last one was a tight fit. :)

Jessica B Photography said...

Nice porch, BTW

SaMama said...

It's fantastic! Next blog update: boy or girl??? :)

Jess said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!!! Those pics are great! I can't believe how open that room is with all the great windows. It sounds like you're adjusting really well. How are you feeling? I want to see the cute pic of your baby bump! When will you find out what you're having. You'll need to email me your new address.

The Davis' said...

Congrats on getting the place you wanted! It looks super nice and wow, so close to the beach :) I can't believe you live in Hawaii...so jealous!

Rachel said...

Congrats on the new house! That's always exciting and a relief that you have some place to call home. :) And so close to the beach! That's awesome!

Maren and Rik said...

I'm glad you guys found a place. It's still weird to think you two are actually there, and how neat you are so close to the beach!

Jenae said...

Great place! But what I REALLY want to know is when do we get to find out about the baby? boy or girl boy or girl....

jj

Jen said...

Jenae, EXCELLENT question. I shall pose it to the armed forces people who have made me cry in frustration not one, not two, but three days in a row now. Blast them. What kind of people mess with a pregnant woman's emotions? The federal government, that's who.

Long story short, I just found out Mormons, Catholics, and armed forces wives have millions of children; and because we're at an Army hospital, they're booked solid with pregnant women. Like, I can't get an ultrasound appointment until August (well, that's my hope--by the time they'll let me make an appointment, who knows how long it'll be backed up). This is the face of government health care. No me gusta.

Meg said...

FIrst off I am so jealous you are in Hawaii. We just got back from a vacation there and it was so beautiful. we stayed on the North Shore and I loved it. And I love the pics of your new place. That kitchen looks awesome as well as all the windows. And to live that close to the beautiful beaches you are lucky. We have beaches in California but they in no way compare to those in Hawaii. Since coming back I haven't really wanted to go to our beaches. Well hope all is going well and that you are settling in nicely. Can't wait to hear what you are having.

SaMama said...

August????!!!! At this rate you won't find out what it is after you deliver! Doesn't the army know people want to shop for you? :)