Here's what the house looked like last Monday, the night we moved in. And here's what it looked like last night, a week later. It's not fantastic or done by any means, but I love to see the difference. 
And here's another shot, showing our awesome and amazingly large kitchen. I don't know how we fit everything in our other house.

Oh, and the pregnancy is going well. The baby likes the sound of the waves.
Below is a slide show of what we've done since we got here, but I'll also add some commentary to a couple pictures.
Our first Friday we went to a beautiful peninsula in Waikiki and had a picnic of Korean food bought by our friend Sally, who has been our Hawaii lifesaver. Every Friday at 7:45 one of the hotels does a fireworks show that you can see perfectly from that spot. It was a nice introduction to Hawaii. 
You can't really see it, but in the dead center of this picture is the bridge Todd and I exercised on every day while we were staying in Pearl Harbor. This is the view we got while we jogged/walked. It was phenomenal.

While we were in Pearl Harbor this aircraft carrier was in the harbor. It was so large and neat to see. Then one morning we woke up and it was gone. Good thing we got a picture of it while we could.

We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center one afternoon and were surprised when we didn't see all the different island exhibits. We were very poor planners. But not pathetic enough that we didn't take advantage of the half-off season passes. Or the yummy luau.

We've also been to the Laie Temple, which unfortunately is closed the entire time we're here because they're doing major renovations on it. Luckily there's another temple on the big island; it's not as easy to get to, but we can see a volcano on our temple trip--not many places have that. Random side--did you know the Laie Temple was the first latter-day temple built outside the continental United States? Neither did I.
Ooooh, here's one of my favorite things so far--as you drive to the North Shore there are many random roach-coach type vans along the road that sell shrimp. They're the kinds of places where I wouldn't even think about stopping, except Todd heard from the other interns and residents that they're fantastic, especially one in particular.
We drove to the North Shore a few weekends ago and happened upon Giovannis, the shrimp place everyone said was the best. We were a little hungry, but we wanted to say we stopped, so we did. They sell the shrimp out of a bus, and they have heavy tarps draped above a bunch of metal picnic tables. But it was clean and it was packed. AND it was amazing. 
(Yes, that white van in the center is where they made the shrimp)
When people come to visit we're going to take them to Giovannis, then get a slice of Ted's pies, then go to the Polynesian Cultural Center. Giovannis was that good and that fun. The shrimp even still had their legs, which if you know me means I was quite freaked out. But only for a second. I felt like such an adult not freaking out about de-legging yummy shrimp.
And finally, after Giovannis we got a couple slices of Ted's pies and sat on Sunset Beach to . . . watch the sunset. It was gorgeous. I can get used to this.
14 comments:
wow! you got unpacked FAST! that's awesome! What a cute pregnancy picture! You're adorable!
Okay: A) Your new house looks AMAZING. I love the natural lighting. And your kitchen table. B) You are a dang cute pregnant lady. C) Way to be brave/mature about the legged shrimp. I would have made a stinky face. They really sold them out of a van? Talk about a Shady Shrimp Shack. D) I am incredibly jealous of the fireworks, the luau (please say you ate a purple roll), Pearl Harbor, and the beach. Really? How does one get so lucky?
Glad you a happy and having fun.
I love your new place! It looks awesome. I bet it feels so nice to have a place of your own and have everything unpacked. Lucky girl! You look great as always and I love all the pictures. It looks amazing!
Wow, I forgot how much we've since we last had our trustly little computer.
Life looks fairly fantastic for the Jensens, though I'm sure unpacking was not so fun. Your house looks great though, so it was worth it. Sort of weird to see your BC house in a new setting.
Did you smash anything with a hammer when it arrived? :)
Seriously, what an amazing place to be living. And you look absolutely darling!
What a beautiful place to live! Thanks for sharing the pictures. You are a cute pregnant lady. And the Emperor's New Groove...that's a good quote :)
You guys are so cute. I was just looking at your pictures and realized that. Aaron and I miss you two! Your apartment is so fun. Whit is right, it's weird to see your BC stuff in Hawaii, but so cool. What a beautiful place to be.
P.S.
You're glowing!!!
Your house looks great - very modern. I'm mui jealous. You do look super cute, I love little pregnant bellies.
Oh, I want my 20 points. Or should I say, "Squeak, squeak, squeaken."
What a life, Jen! Your house is so cute and I love the view you get from exercising everyday! It's like a really really long vacation!
Oh that post makes my heart hurt. I don't know if you remember but I went to a spring term at BYU-H so the North Shore is near and dear to my heart. Don't miss Shark's Cove, Wimea Beach, Sunste Beach, Matsumoto's Shaved Ice... the list goes on. You are going to have the time of your life.
Giovannis, here we come!! I can't wait to see the house and the beach---so amazing we will be there in just 17 days! WooHoo! I want to "hi" to the baby. Ü
So fun! I can't wait to unpack in a new house. (No we are not moving, but I sure wouldn't mind a new house....)
Ooo! I know! I know! Yzma! Yzma'a in your chair!! (is that how you spell her name?) YOU LOOK SO CUTE! I'm so excited to come see you guys!
Post a Comment