Saturday, November 7, 2009

But the animal is inside out. ... And it exploded.

The other night Todd took the mid-early morning shift and let me get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep. He came up carrying a happy Nadine and said he needed me to hold her while he cleaned up a poo mess. I was thinking maybe she just pooed all over her changing pad. But oh no.

Below is a picture of her changing area--the changing pad is on the dresser. Do you see the drops of brown mess on the pad? Gross and no fun. But then look down on the floor, FEET from the changing pad. See those spots? Also baby poop. She exploded on poor Todd (or as Uncle Dave would say, she had an assplosion). She seems to like to shoot her poop at her dad.
So poor Todd was cleaning baby poop at 3 AM off our carpet; he said he got a blister from scrubbing the poo. A poo blister. As if the story couldn't get more hilarious. We were cracking up and had to take a few pictures. Apparently her intestines are really strong.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for Todd but that is incredibly hilarious!!

Sarah said...

This story is funny. Sad... but funny.

Blacks said...

Okay I admit. I was laughing pretty hard. Pretty hilarious!

Unknown said...

Justin read this over my shoulder (because with a title like this, how could you not get sucked in). His words were, and I quote, "Awesome. Impressive. Awesomely impressive."
So that pretty much sums up how we feel about that. You've been christened. Welcome to parenthood!!

April said...

Ha ha..hilarious. Poor Todd, but good job Nadine!

Jessica B Photography said...

Aaahhh, yes. That is a definate welcome to parenthood. When Jared was a baby he exploded all over the wall that was at least three feet away and splattered the rocking chair that was inbetween the changing table & the wall. Ugh. I made Chris clean it up. It was vomitous. Todd should be glad he was standing on the side of her. Beware of folding legs & compressing the abdominal region!!! Contents under pressure!!!

Jessica B Photography said...

I just told Chris "The Jensens had their first poo explosion." He says "Aw, that's the best! Good for them!"

Loupe and Aaron said...

Yea for assplosions! That is hilarious. I'm always scared I'll get pee or poop in the face. It hasn't happened- yet.

Lara said...

Oh, Jen! You had me laughing right out loud! Welcome to parenthood! :)

Amy said...

OK apparently I should check your blog more often. I didn't know you had her!!! (We are OFTEN left of of the loop around here). CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Can I send you my email so I can see your other blog? It is just my first and last name at Gmail.com (does that make sense?) The poop story is great. I am so happy for you guys!!!

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

It is those funny times that help you get through the stressful ones. You have got to laugh! I think everyone has at least one poo story.

SaMama said...

Just wait, you'll have so many more "poo stories" to add the "arse"-nal. hee hee.

Maren and Rik said...

That is so crazy! I like the Galaxy Quest quote-great title!

Maggie said...

No fun! I don't think we ever had an explosion like that, knock on wood! But I do recall some sprays from Adam, as well as some poo paintings in the bathroom, and on the carpet. We've had a poo experience with each of our children. Ah, the memories!