While my mom was here she helped me finish Nadine's quilt. I had been sewing as often as possible the last few weeks so it'd be at the point she could help me. And it looks great! I'm so excited with how it turned out.
And this is an actual pieced quilt. It was so much dang work. Every square was supposed to be pieced, but luckily I decided to only piece the pink and black-diamond squares; good thing, too, because even those took me forever. And my brain doesn't understand how to piece it (I'm not good at puzzles, either), so it took me especially longer.
Because I had so many huge gaps between sewing time, I would forget how to put together the pieces. So I made myself a cheat sheet.
"Sew pink first, green second. Got it." And it helped a ton.
I think the pink and black-diamond pieced squares are the best part of the quilt, and I'm fairly proud of myself for doing most of the quilt. Though I'm not sure I'll piece a quilt again for years; at least not with parts that tiny. The bigger squares were much easier.
15 comments:
Good job, that's beautiful!!!
WOW!!! I'm so impressed, Jen! Great job!
wow that is BEAUTIFUL!!! i don't think i could ever do that. :) seriously. way to go! i LOVE the colors!
Wow, that's WAY complicated!! I'm proud of you too for doing most of it yourself! It looks awesome!
Wow! I am so impressed. I could never piece a quilt. I don't think I could make the corners meet up together....and I don't have the patience. I do projects with instant gratification. Impressive!
WOW! Your quilt is amazing! I am so impressed! Good job!
Oh my goodness!!! Your quilt is BEAUTIFUL!! You did an amazing job!
You rock! That's gorgeous. I'm so proud to be related to such a crafty person!
Wow I'm so proud of you. That looks so cool! Now that I have a sewing machine I need to pick a project to work on (now I have to compete with two cute things you've made already -the stocking and this quilt!). Good job.
Holy crap!! That is freakin' awesome! It looks great! You did a fantastic job; you SHOULD feel very proud of yourself. Hmm... maybe I won't post a picture of the quilt I'm making Elise... :) I am super impressed.
It looks really impressive in the photograph, even! The colors are so striking! And it's cuddly, too!
Holy Cow! That's beautiful! What a lot of tedious work! I don't think I could attempt something that intricate. It's wonderful, and I bet it feels good to say, "I made it!"
Jen it is beautiful!!! I absolutely love it and can't wait to see it in person.
Holy Smokes!! Good job!
It is AMAZING and it looks extremely complicated!
Post a Comment