Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

I am at the computer too often and for too long.

I realized this a few weeks ago, but today I've finally decided to do something about it. The "something" is this blog is now going to become the "front page" for the baby blog, the blog that tells people when there's a new post on our private blog.

I enjoy blogging; it's a nice release for me. But it takes up so much of my time. Time I could spend mothering, or napping, or reading, or talking to actual human beings, or napping, or showering, or exercising, or napping. And really, as much as I enjoy posting my musings and receiving responses to those (I'll be honest and say comments are the best part), the more important blog is the one with pictures of an adorable baby who is thousands of miles away from our extended family. So those photo updates will be my main focus.

And if something fun or wonderful happens, I may post pictures of that on the baby blog. But what I really should do is call people and tell them myself. I've been using the computer as my lifeline to the outside world, but it's too impersonal; I forget to call people about cool, funny, etc. things because I've already posted those things for the world to see. When I get lonely I need to reach for my phone, not the one-way communication that is the Internet.

So there you have it. Effective immediately, this blog is just a notification tool.

I'll probably revamp my Facebooking soon too.

9 comments:

SaMama said...

Hear hear! I'm totally with you on that! Feel free to call anytime!

April said...

Amen to everything you said! I feel the same way and I am TERRIBLE at calling people. I will miss your musings because I love them, but I will continue to enjoy the preciousness of Nadine and your motherhood stories. I will try to do better of keeping in touch in the real world instead of just cyber space!

Sarah said...

Good for you! I find myself doing the same thing. Keeping up with other people by reading their blogs or facebook pages when I could just call them. It would probably take less time! I do love your baby blog posts too!

Linda said...

I am sorry to see your blog go. Maybe I could get on the baby blog?? Your blurker friend - Linda S. @

lindadotsargeoatyahoodotcom

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

I also, will miss the pert opinions and deep thoughts that are Jen's. But at least I get to talk to you too!!

wendy said...

Jen, I want on the baby blog PLEASE!! I love reading about you guys! I know stalkerie! (Even though its not a word)
mandwbird@embarqmail.com

Rachel said...

I understand completely! Still, I love your wittiness and will miss your blog. Maybe there will be a time later when it will be able to resurface. :)

baMedia said...

I love your blog, sad it will be more updated less frequently. I'd love to be part of the baby blog.

baMedia said...

That last post was by your cousin Amber- accidentally signed in as her husband.