I miss this blog. And I am lame because I tried to get rid of it just two weeks ago. Dangit. I'll try to be strong and not post too often. But post I will.
Apparently I am just antsy. I'm not sure why, but I seem to be taking it out on my blogs. I am lame. And weak. It reminds me of the title of my first blog post: "But I also know, that you know, what a weak-willed person I am."
But, and also, I can't post pictures of spiders on the baby blog. Not next to cute Nani.
This spider was sitting on the plants outside our gate--the very same plants we brush against when we take Nani out in her seat. I saw it early one morning when I returned, luckily empty-handed, from the trash ("rubbish" in Hawaii). I screamed, then ran into the house to get my camera and the Raid.
Then I stood as far away as possible, and then I contorted my body to keep it further from the spider while allowing myself to get a good picture. I think it's a jumping spider, and I swear it was preparing to pounce. After I took a picture I sprayed the spider. And screamed when it fell, continually screaming as I ran into the house. Ugh. I think it's dead, but I didn't stick around to check, so who knows. I dare it to cross our pest controlled barrier, though.
The body of this thing is the size of my pinkie to the first knuckle. No lie. I don't know what kind of spider it is, because I learned not to Google spider pictures. Here it is compared to a penny.

14 comments:
Glad your back! I can't believe paradise has nasty spiders. Yuck!
Yay for giving into the dark side... where else would I get my arachnophobia fix from?
Besides, if you don't share the randomness of life in paradise, it goes unappreciated except by you. And sharing is caring, or so they teach in kindergarten. :)
Three* hurrahs for your blogging return!
------
*just three, not four. Four would be reserved for unexpected Ben & Jerry's to eat while READING your blog. :)
I am pretty much okay with spiders as a general rule and subscribe to the "live and let live" philosophy so long as they are living on their own turf. THAT spider, however, would send ME running for the Raid, screaming...
The mental picture of your contorted body with a camera and Raid is hilarious! And thanks for the continued Jen-editorials!
I am running around my living room as I type this screaming! Yucky, yucky spider! I am glad you did not have Nani with you, especially if it was a jumping spider. Ah yuck...I may have nightmares!
That's gross, and it's a pretty mean looking spider too! Look how tough you are getting though. :)
I miss this blog, too! Yikes for scary, creepy, jumpy spiders! I agree, you can't post it right next to sweet, cute, jolly Nani. (you like my dorky-ness in using the same first letters in my adjectives? ;)
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! That thing is HUGE!!! I was only laughing about you screaming becaus I know I'd be doing the same thing! AHHHHH, again!! It's bad enough seeing that in a picture!!
(I'm glad you're going to keep posting on here. It's good for you... and all of us reading it.:) )
I am also happy that you are giving in to the blogs! I like to see what my Jen is up to...
So do your neighbors think of you as that looney mainlander? I'd love to see their faces when you have a screaming spider attack!! :)
Glad you're back. The pictures of Nadine and all her cuteness are, without a doubt, the best - but your commentary on life is awesome and I was sad that you were abandoning it.
That spider was gross. When you move back to the mainland you're going to see regular sized spiders and they're totally not even going to phase you.
Ewww! That gives me the heebie jeebies! I use to Google nasty creatures I read about, but then I learned my lesson too. Bluueeegggghh!!
I am glad that you are still blogging. For me, blogging helps me process the weird things that happen through out the day. Keep on writing. I am sure you won't miss the bugs when you leave.
Oh- my- farts.
Post a Comment