The flowers and plants in Hawaii are beautiful. I especially enjoy how gorgeous flowers are found in really random places. To Todd's amusement, and to my amazement that I'm becoming like my mom, I stop and stare (and have started to take pictures of) the cool plants we see.
Some of these are taken with our phones, most with our camera. These are plants we've seen on Oahu, on Kauai; these are plants we've seen on hikes as they are "in nature," and plants I pass on my outdoor walk route; some of these are located in parking lots, in front of a restaurant, and in front of the Army hospital; some are weirdly beautiful, some make me gasp; and there are a lot of hibiscus, which are some of the best things about Hawaii.
I've realized I need to document the things that make me stop, because I will forget about all this soon after we move. I'm already amazed how much we take for granted living here.


Aren't they gorgeous?
7 comments:
Thanks for sharing Jen! I was beginning to fear that Hawaii is full of nasty spiders haha! But seriously, thanks for documenting all the plants you see, I'm not one for getting flowers but I LOVE seeing them in nature where I think they belong.
As you know, I always support taking pictures! Those are so pretty!!
I also appreciated you sharing about being prepared. I have been thinking a lot about that lately. Can I ask, what did you put in your 1 yr food storage? I am almost there but am afraid I'm missing something important. It would be nice to compare to see if I need to stock pile on something else. Thanks!
I love it! We just got a glimpse of the first signs of spring, little yellow crocuses. The kids were so excited.....Micah pulled out his Hawaiian shirt the other day and wore it to school. It is still a little bit cold, but the sun is shining.
They really are so pretty. You are a very fortunate gerl.
Good call on taking pictures of all the neat plants. They ARE beautiful! I love your photo collages.
I am jealous! I love the pictures! The flowers and plants are amazing! How fun that you get to see them everyday!
Wow, those are absolutely worth stopping to take a picture. And thanks for the compliment! I love the pine tree against the ocean---good shot! It wondrous the varied shapes that colors can come in! Thanks for the display. Well done. Jenae would be proud.
Post a Comment