Friday, June 4, 2010

I got all my sisters and me

My youngest sister graduated from high school on Wednesday, and I was able to fly out for a 10-day vacation and for the graduation.

We now have five of these sister graduation photos. They're some of my favorite photo ops. I need to track down the other ones and compare.
Being "home" showed me, again, how important relationships are with good family members (notice I say "good" family members; I do not believe you need to maintain a damaging relationship with someone just because he/she happens to be related to you).

I have been blessed with a wonderful family with whom I have fantastic relationships, and this is especially true with my sisters. They are some of my closest friends, and I miss them terribly. They are supportive, fun, wonderfully honest, independent, kind, accomplished, hilarious, righteous, and mind-blowingly intelligent. And beautiful.

Especially Ms. Valedictorian 2010.

I am so thankful we were sent to earth in family units, and that I was sent to a good one.

11 comments:

SaMama said...

What a fantastic sister pic. Makes me jealous! :)

Megan said...

Awww, great pics, Jen! You're looking great! I completely forgot you were coming back to Vegas for the graduation. I guess I was in and out of town pretty much the whole time you were here, but I still wish I could have squeezed in quick visit. :-( Well, I'm glad you had a great time, though!

April said...

Cute pictures! That is so cook that you were able to be there for Kelsey's graduation and I love that you have 5 pictures. I want to see them all!

Sarah said...

I love sisters. Congrats to Kelsey! Not only were you sent to a good family unit but a smart one!

Maggie said...

So true! Sisters are great! It makes me miss them and you all the more! I'm glad you got to be there. What a cool tradition...sister photo shoot with the grad. I wouldn't mind seeing those five photos either ;)

Dalton Family said...

WOW! I love these pictures! Especially the sisters one. YOu all look so much alike! I love it! I remember when Kelsey was born, and now she is valedictorian!? Seriously!! That is awesome! I love your family!

Jess said...

It's fun to see pics of all your sisters grown up! Beautiful girls!

Amy said...

Those are great pics. When do you get here? What can we help with? Let us know!!

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

I love that you posted these photos of Kelsey's big night. I'm so proud of all my daughters; you all bring me and dad immense joy that would not come from any other source. We are truly blessed! And I'm glad you got the cute family shot with Daniel in it; he's added alot this year. Thanks for being a dedicated blogger!

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

Also, thanks so much for the beautiful leis you got for Kelsey and Daniel--they look so good!

Anonymous said...

I love our sister pictures too. :) They make me very happy. And the leis rock. :) I'm glad that you blog consistently so everyone knows that I've graduated. :P My pictures of us 5 girls is blurry, so I stole yours. Fyi.