Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sheesh

Here is reason #9,876,567,345 I don't want pets.

They don't know what to do with kids and will attack them.
At my friend's house today Nadine got swatted by a cat. Who hadn't been de-clawed. I am so grateful she closed her eye, because two of the three puncture marks are right by her eye. One was at the very edge of the bottom of her eye. Poor girl got a black eye from a cat!

She cried for a bit, but she's a tough girl. And then when the other cat appeared, she immediately screeched with joy and crawled after it. No harm no foul.

And yes, there is immense mommy guilt associated with this episode. I should have been right by her while she was in an animal's face, and I should not have allowed my baby to even be in an animal's face. Live and learn.

9 comments:

Loupe and Aaron said...

Oh! Poor little girl!! Dang cat. It's a good thing she is so tough and not traumatized by the vicious feline.

Unknown said...

Oh, that's so awful! I'm sorry! Nadine is so tough - good for her. I'm convinced cats are of the Devil, but with pets you just have to find the right one. Disco is kind of annoying, but he's never done anything to hurt my kids. Josie lays right on his face and he just looks at me like, 'can you please get her off?'.

I never thought we'd get a pet, but it's hard to keep your resolve when you have three boys (two little ones and one big one) lobbying hard for two years. So never say never...just maybe pass on the demon felines.

Maren and Rik said...

Oh that sucks! Poor Nani! She does seem to be an animal lover from what you've talked about. I'm glad her eye is ok.

Rachel said...

Oh Jen, I understand. Too bad kids love animals. I had to stop myself from beating a little weiner dog to death after he bit Isis' hand. But he got some good hits.
Poor Nadine!! Poor mommy who had to watch it!

Rachel B. said...

Oh, poor little girl. I'm also glad her eye was shut. And you should have no guilt...most of the time animals are just fine. You just never know. Thank goodness kids are so forgiving and that their skin seems to heal amazingly quickly!

April said...

Poor Nani! I'm glad she is ok! Poor little eye.

Megan said...

Awww sad! I hate cats. That's too funny that she wanted to go after the other cat still!

Jess said...

Oh I'm so sorry! I agree, I will not ever own animals. As a kid I was bitten on the face by two different dogs. Irritating. I'm glad she's not scared of them.

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

Ow!!! Dumb, dumb cat! House cats should always be declawed. Aaargh! It hurt my Nani!