Tuesday, June 24, 2008

You can file your workman's comps with my secretary

So I'm bored with my blog layout and color. After looking over my changes, I think my blog has the capability to produce seizures in my readers. Which I'm thinking is a bad thing.

Does this new color scheme make your eyes hurt?

I don't want to use one of the default Blogger templates, so if you guys have any cool web sites that have layouts, let me know. I'm a total fetus as far as setting up my blog and making it look cool and unique.

Update: I changed the background. I'm still lame and can't get custom colors on the page, but I'm excited about this new layout. It's not so mind-grating.

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Umm, I see a black and green background...simple...no seizure here!
Here's a couple easy-peasy sites for you to try:
www.matiekay.blogspot.com
She creates free layouts in her spare time, I guess. Anyway, she has a few you can choose from.
www.thecutestblogontheblock.com
This site has some free layouts as well. Or you could get crazy and actually BUY a background...who does that? But both those sites I listed give you step by step of how to put up their background.
Also, there is the new craze of "digital scrapbooking" your blog where you can create your own. I am not knowledgeable in that category!

Tiffany said...

owww, ahhh, Looking good here! ;) Yeah, I know, I visited your blog like ten minutes ago. I have an addiction. Ha ha, funny huh?...well not really. Kind of disturbing actually.

Jen said...

Ha, you totally are a stalker! I love it. Your advice was excellent. I may be playing around with templates for a while. Although maybe not. This kinda is my dream color scheme and fabric (is fabric the right word?).

And yes, I don't think I'm enough into blogging yet to pay for changes. Although creating online scrapbooks and then printing those? I can totally see myself getting into that.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny, I was playing with mine the other night late so no one would be reading it while I was trying to figure out the right settings and everything, then come to find out of all people my mom was showing it off to my grandma while I was messing with it.

Britty said...

The template looks good, Jen! Very you! I love the use of the word "fetus"...brings back memories of me laughing and laughing when you'd say that. That and A&W root beer. :)

Sarah said...

This scheme is totally you! I was just thinking that I needed to change mine too but I didn't really know how so yippee for stealing the advice others gave to you! :)

Unknown said...

I like it. I like the colors and the layout, it's totally you!

Jess said...

I like it. You are so funny. I love your word choice. You need to be a writer or editor. The only website that I like is www.pyzam.com. It's cute!

Foxs said...

I love the new layout Jen! It is very you. I have tried to get new layouts for my blog but I think I am blogger illiterate or something, I can never get it to work.