I like this quote and think I will use it as my mantra for the next four years.
"We've had awful leaders before. New York's atrocious affirmative action mayor, David Dinkins, gave way to Rudy Giuliani. Jimmy Carter gave way to the only great president of our lifetimes, Ronald Reagan. America will turn toward greatness again, once it realizes it has been tricked into temporarily embracing disgrace and decline."
Maybe this will be the reality check that returns conservative politicians to their roots.
9 comments:
I told Brandon last night that I think this is just a cycle our country goes through. Taking turns from being on the offensive to the defensive. I'm actually looking forward to being on the offensive for a while. And like you said, it just makes you feel empowered to make a "change" in the future.
I like the quote! A very good mantra - hopefully it's true!
We can only hope! I LOVED the quote! I might adopt it for myself as well. Man, these next 4 years are going to be tough for me!
These next four years will definitely be interesting. I loved the quote and it gives me some hope!
How did this HAPPEN??!!??
This is just what we need to whip these socialist ideas out of our systems...
Let Osama ruin it all (and pray that we don't have another 9/11 in the process). Then we can elect the guy who we should have in there now.
Mitt Romney - the only guy they compare to Reagan now. He's fan-freakin-tastic.
Err...
I meant Obama. I think.
I am glad that you have posted your last two posts because it is exactly how I feel. This whole election thing just was frustrating. I am totally irritated that Obama won but I was tired of all the coverage and how he is going to do great things for the blacks and help them out of their current inequalities. I don't want to sound racist because I truly hope I am not, but it frustrated the crap out of me and it was probably worse here in LA. Oh well I figure I can handle four years and pray no 9/11 happens. But also Eric and I agreed that if we had to pick between McCain winning or Prop 8 passing, the more important of the two was Prop 8 since that would last forever and the longest Obama can last is 8 years. And luckily for us Prop 8 passed. Thank goodness. So I don't feel as if this election day was a complete let down. Sorry to get up on my soapbox. I am still struggling.
I've thought the exact same thing. That's the best way to stay positive. This is nothing more than the pride cycle, right? We just need a president who will bring us to our senses and Obama may just be it, perhaps McCain would have been to subtle of a decline. We'll see.....
Post a Comment