We spent Halloween weekend with Todd's family and had a great time. His dad is the bishop of his ward, so they got lots of trick-or-treaters.
That afternoon we went to Gardner Village with Dave and Rachel and their kids. It's this surprisingly picturesque assortment of shops that displays lots of witches during Halloween. Lots of witches. They were so cool. They had some playing baseball, a witch flying over the creek, dancing witches, etc. It was so much fun to walk around and take pictures.
A month or so ago our vacuum died. This is the vacuum I bought four years ago for $89 at a post-Christmas sale. It was a tough vacuum that got the job done well enough. But then it croaked. And by croaked, I mean it made a nasty noise and emitted a burning smell . . . and sparked. So we stopped using it. And our floors got gross (because I am too lazy to sweep. Oh well.).
So . . . now we have an awesome bagless spiffy vacuum that looks like a robot. My sister said we should name it Kitt, and I think we shall.
13 comments:
Our vacuum did the same thing when we were vacuuming our town house in Ivins for the last time before we moved. We got a new one right before we moved into this house. It was one of my birthday gifts. How adult does that make me?
You are hilarious, sporty spice. I'm jealous of your new vacuum. I've always loved cleaning supplies. And I love your cute dining room - paint and table especially!
I'm insanely jealous of your vacuum (another sign of adult-hood, you get jealous of other people's appliances). I have wanted a Dyson for a long time, but they're a little pricey for us at this point. I agree with naming it KITT - awesome!
That is awesome, and how right you are about knowing we are adults when we get excited over such things! Oh, and thanks for the sweet email about Layken. She is a special girl I hope she continues to go to our church.
TOO funny... We're clearly related - just yesterday I took a picture of MY new Dyson vacuum and was going to do a post about it. I too was going to comment on how adult I must be to get so excited about a vacuum. (So if I end up posting it anyway, don't think I copied. Maybe I'll wait a little while. :-) But anyway, congratulations on yours! Dyson rocks!
funny....I am oddly attached to my vacuum too. I bought it last year at Lowes after an hour or two of deliberating with a cute old man who was also there looking for one. It's yellow, and reminds me of a race car. :)
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Dyson! You made a VERY smart investment. They are worth EVERY dollar you spend on one.
Ok...first of all..I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gardner Village! Especially around Halloween! We didn't make it for the witches this year, but it's always so fun to see how they decorate!
We have a Dyson and I never ever liked vacuuming before we got it! Since we've had it, I'm a much better housekeeper:)
Congrats:)
Jen, I love reading your posts! I didn't read the title of your post until after I read the post. I laughed out loud after I read it!!
I'm so glad you had fun in Ut! Come up again soon so we can do lunch again, this time with Bran. I also am jealous of your cool new purchase!!!
Hey I wanted to answer your question on who took our family pics. It was me! I have fun but still have SO much to learn.
I've always wanted to go up to Gardner Village. I've heard so many good things. It looks very cute. P.S. Don't ever go to the real Salem. It is the creepiest place in the world. You'll never look at witches the same way again.
How fun to get a new vacuum. I think I have convinced Eric that we (meaning I since I do the vacuuming) need a new one. The way I convinced him was telling him he could start vacuuming unless we got a nice one. But I so want a dyson. Do they work on hard floors too. Hopefully the day after thanksgiving there will be some on sale. Have fun vacuuming now.
Post a Comment