
I have a
little bit of a wrapping paper compulsion--I love wrapping paper, especially when I can buy it on sale the day after Christmas. I have rolls and rolls and rolls of Christmas paper. It's a bit neurotic, but fun anyway.

Each year I have a favorite Christmas paper. This was last year's paper. I love how there's
black on Christmas paper. So non-traditional and beautiful. Last year, because it was my favorite, I didn't wrap many presents with this paper because it is so beautiful. Again with the neurotic.

This year, this is my favorite paper. It's blue! I had forgotten I owned this paper. That's the best part about having myriad rolls of paper--I forget about the ones I have and get to rediscover them every year. Because this is my Choice Wrapping '08, I have a hard time using it to actually wrap presents (I know, I know), so next year I expect many presents will use this paper and I'll find another one I love and won't use. It's a vicious, wonderful cycle.
What Christmas things are you festively neurotic about?
12 comments:
Mine isn't quite the same... I collect Nativities. It's about the only thing I want for Christmas. I also crowd them all into tight spaces so EVERY flat surface is covered with them. I've had to be a tad bit careful now that I have 2 little ones, but I make due.
If you want to see how bad this cumpulsion is... check out my blog... there are pictures...
I don't know if I am festively neurotic about it, but I LOVE making homemade bows and other fun stuff to top presents with. I love to use greenry, pinecones, beautiful ribbons, bows and more. I think it is so much fun to have something other than the traditional bow. I love wrapping paper too - I need to do what you do and buy it after Christmas so Mark will let me stock up on it. We have been using the same 3 rolls for the past 3 years! How sad is that!?!?
This might sound really cheesy, but I really like having the Christmas lights on when i get home from work. :)
I fear that you and I have the same neurosis. I am a wrapping paper addict too! It's funny that you say that you don't wrap many presents in your favorite paper because I don't either!! Justin thinks I'm so frivolous to buy new wrapping paper every year when we have plenty left over from the previous year - but I can't help it!! I love the paper with the black on it - that'd be my favorite too!
Also, I voted for DC, but you didn't list 'proximity to Ariane' as one of your reasons, so I'm adding that for you!!! :)
I love wrapping paper too!! But I am a bit of a wrapping paper snob I guess because I can only wrap with Hallmark paper. Maybe it's because I worked there and had to use it to wrap customers' presents, but I can't use anything else. I hate it cus there are so many cute and pretty ones out there but I am limited to purchasing only Hallmark brand. But I do love to look at all the other brands!
I think I'm neurotic about any Christmas decor. I could buy so much of it and have to remind myself that it is only on display for a month!!!
Will you accept any nativity? I don't really know. I haven't met one I didn't like...yet... I like all sorts of different ones.
Which one is your favorite? Probably my Fontaini nativity, I try to add another piece each year.
How many do you have???? Um, I did have 19, but Robert asked me to get rid of the cheep ones (from $1 stores), os I did. Now I only have 14. I usually get at least one every year for Christmas, so we'll see....
I'm just thankful that my family feeds my obsession!!!
Would it be too hard to ask you how many rolls of paper you have? I think I'll have to take a page out of your book and buy paper after Christmas, that way I'll be prepaired for next year. Everything this year will be wrapped in a borring RED!
Man, so many if us LOVE wrapping paper! I love the black as well...most of mine is really bright and kid friendly for the babies. I seem to have more and more each year and I still buy it. Oh well, if we are obsessed with something at least it is only wrapping paper, right!
PS
Thanks so much for your invite! My Hubs goes to bed sp early for work that I really cant do anythign after 6PM, but it did mean a lot to me that you invited me. I did however go the the ward Chritsmas party with my niece, Allison, and it was a blast!
You are too funny! I am the opposite. I have 2 rolls of Christmas paper and I feel bad about having 2. The weird part is is that I don't know why. I'm so boring because all of my gifts are in the same paper!! People always know who their present is from because they recognize my one roll!
Hmm I think the closest Christmas neurosis (I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong) I have is music. I play Christmas music all the time when I'm home- whether it's cd's or the radio (I even listen to the dorky Christian rock station because they have the best Christmas music), in the car, and when I'm at work (well, at work, it's more just in my head and I sing to myself). So, yeah, I guess you can say that's pretty neurotic.
Hey Jen, it's Heidi (Nichols) Doxey from the Singles Ward in Vegas. I just got a comment from Megan on my blog and then I found your blog on her list. Congrats on getting married - better late than never!! You look great - where are you guys living now? Good luck with the upcoming news - we hope you get to go to your top choice!! I am logged in as Rich but my blog is heidiandrich.blogspot.com
Jen I love this obsession of yours! You have such great taste in Christmas wrapping paper. p.s. Have I ever told you how much I love reading your blog posts....always entertaining :)
Post a Comment