Monday, March 16, 2009

It's a cake

I finished Lindsay's baby scrapbook a few weeks ago. I've been wanting to post pictures, but I don't want to spoil it for her and I don't know if she'd be able to not peek (although we sisters all seem to relish a surprise and are surprisingly good at not shaking our presents, as it were).

But her open house is this weekend, so I'll post pictures after that. (Let's hope I remember to take pictures before I wrap it. My wrapping paper obsession doesn't allow me to destroy a perfect wrapping job.) The pages are not phenomenal by any means, but you all had such great ideas for the pages and I'm pretty dang proud of it. Plus I used the cutest papers ever. Ever.

So, I know you're probably not waiting on pins and needles, but I have nothing else to blog about so here's your baby scrapbook present update.

(The creepy baby shower cake is from one of my favorite blogs. Try not to read the entire archive. I dare you.)

13 comments:

Loupe and Aaron said...

That cake is pretty creepy. We should have it at the shower just for the creepiness of it all. Ü And can I just say I'm so excited for your scrapbook?!!!!

Kerstin said...

I can't wait to see the scrapbook!

Whitney said...

I'm excited for the scrapbook as well (and I'm already addicted to that blog, and it's all your fault).

Sarah said...

I do love that blog. It's sometimes slightly disturbing but hilariously fun for all! Good job on the scrapbook. I can't wait to see pictures!

Megan said...

I agree that baby cake is creepy. I'm gonna have to check out that blog for sure. I keep forgetting to RSVP for Lindsay's shower, so here it is... on your blog - I'll be there. :-) I'm looking forward to seeing you too - it's been a while!

Jessica B Photography said...

Yikes. Somebody call CPS!

Unknown said...

That blog is awesome - thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see the scrapbook. Lindsay will love it. However, now you are obligated to do it for her future children or else they will all say things like, 'Aunt Jen likes (insert oldest child's name here) best! She made HIM an awesome babybook!!'

Meg said...

I am excited to see what the pages turned out like. Don't you love when you finish a project and are proud of it. And for a second there I thought that you had made the cake.

Rachel said...

Um, CREEPY and disturbing cake! But I'm looking forward to seeing your finished scrapbook! (Are we still on for next weekend?)

Jessica B Photography said...

So is the shower on, or is it up in the air?

Jen said...

The shower is on. We're going to make her sit in one spot and not move the entire afternoon. Kind of like a princess. Oooh, I should get her a crown! But yes, unless something changes, it's still happening.

The Davis' said...

Yay for the scrapbook update! I can't wait to see it, I'm sure I'll be jealous!

I just spent waaaay too long on that creepy, hilarious, disturbing blog! It's definitely a favorite now :)

Rachel said...

That cakewreck blog is TOTALLY hilarious! You are right about wanting to go through the archive... blogs are SO addictive.