
I've hesitated to show the scrapbook I made for Lindsay because it seems like bragging and fishing for compliments (this could totally be an Ask Miss Tacky post). But I'm going to do it because (1) I
am fairly proud of quite a few of the pages, and (2) you guys had great ideas that look wonderful in reality, so I wanted to help you brag too.
I don't have full bragging rights--a few of the pages were done by my cousin Shannon; it was so nice to have her help and perspective.

The
scrapbook is fairly personality-specific, which means the pages
aren't light blue with Winnie the Pooh and babies in clouds. They're a bit edgy and unconventional, but so is Lindsay so it's perfect ("edgy" and "unconventional" are my excuses for "made by someone who rarely scrapbooks"). My favorite papers were from the
nursery rhyme album. Those pages were all so cute, and glittery! Glue doesn't stick to glitter very well, though.

I got some fantastic flair for the pages--it's so hard to walk away from those aisles in the store. My favorite was this adorable animal mobile . . . that moves!
And I couldn't resist this totally cute duck with real feathers on his head--it's so Lindsay.

The pages are
here, if you want to view them all. It was a really fun project, and I greatly appreciate all the insight and ideas you guys gave me. I had a blast integrating everything.
12 comments:
You did an awesome job with the scrapbook!! I haven't scrapbooked in so long because I never have any good ideas, but your book was buldging with personality - I LOVED it!
Ooo! Ahh! Ohh! Nice work!! It looks awesome. I'm impressed. That must have taken a long time. It will certainly be a very appreciated gift!
P.S.- Um, I don't think it's bragging when you're showing off hard work. ;)
very cute! jenn -- the last time i scrap booked anything was the activity for your wedding :O
I found your link on Lara's list and had to tell you how much I love Lindsay's scrapbook. No one would know you are not a dyed-in-the-wool, confirmed scrapper! Great job! ...Blog-lurker, ward member, Maddie's mom Linda
I think it turned out amazing! I agree with Rachel that it's not bragging. But I do understand where you are coming from.
You have EVERY right to brag...It's DARLING and you are SO CREATIVE! However, I wouldn't consider it bragging! You are AMAZING!
I love it!! You did a great job. I am not a huge fan of the baby blue winnie the pooh baby stuff, so I can really appreciate your pages. I bet Lindsay loves it.
That looks amazing! I love the papers you chose. Handmade gifts like that are the best, you can really tell how much time you spent on it.
You TOTALLY have the right to brag because that scrapbook was incredible! I am so impressed by your skills. =D
totally adorable! You are so creative. Are you for hire?! :)
It is pretty much the cutest scrap book ever. Did I tell you how Mom tried to steal it? I was looking for it as I was putting all the baby stuff away, and couldn't find it! Starting to panic, I called Mom to see if it was still at her house. She said she didn't think so, but she would look. Really starting to panic. Mom randomly comes over and I ask if she found the scrapbook. "Oh, yes, it's at home. I'm going to keep it so I can add a few more pages." lol FEW! Thank you so much for the fabulous scrapbook!!!!
Jen, you have a heart as big as the sun! Don't get too perfect on me or else you'll be translated! And congrats on getting your house taken care of; I know that is a huge relief.
Post a Comment