My sister recommended and I just finished Life of Pi. It was excellent. I think she recommends books that are huge hits at BYU, and I read them right before they smash into the mainstream (see Twilight). So I'm going to try to help this book smash through.Many books I can't put down, but this book is so well written I almost couldn't stop thinking about it. I haven't read a book by someone who can really write in a long time. It's amazing because what he writes about, especially at the beginning, isn't necessarily interesting to me, but his writing was of such a caliber that I found myself intensely interested in what he was saying.
So yes, go get Life of Pi and read it. And report back.
9 comments:
DEAL! I just finished Fireproof and am about to start The Heroines. We should start our own online book club LOL!
- Antonia
I really liked life of Pie. It was Old Man and the Sea but interesting. I didn't loooove the ending so I pretend like it ended differently. I'm like that with books though. :)
jj
We just read that for our book club! It was interesting... I'm still trying to figure out what to make of it.
That book made me really happy. I thought the ending was spectacular, though I'm sort of with Jenae in that I pretend that isn't what happened.
We read this about two years ago for the ward book club. I thought the beginning was fascinating!!! All the details about animal zoo life that you never knew!!
I just read The Well & The Mine by Gin Phillips. I liked it, it was educational, thought-provoking, and emotionally touching (but not tear-jerker, so don't worry about that.) I recommend it.
this is totally not a comment on this book, but it does look good. :) In spite of Tom's bite, we still wish yall were moving down here!! But, we are still SUPER excited to be in DC with you!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been meaning to read that one. Thanks for the reminder to follow through. Also, CONGRATS on the bambino! We're super excited for you and Todd!
Nice to know it's good. I've glanced over this one a few times on my mother-in-law's book shelf. Next time I'll pick it up.
ok. I finally did it! I loved it and I didn't have a hard time getting into it like others had said. I'm still thinking about the ending...
Post a Comment