(Picture's of Nadine's blessing dress are on the baby blog)
Todd's parents are here for the next week (yea!), and Saturday we went to North Shore to see the turtles. Little did we know the turtle beach was closed because of massive 15- to 20-foot waves. They were so cool. It was amazing to watch them breaking way out on the horizon. The next few days they're supposed to get 40-foot plus waves and possibly have a surf competition they only have every few years when the waves get so big. An Eddie Something competition. We may have to go back and fight the traffic to see waves that big.
This video probably won't do the waves justice, but I'm posting it for my dad to see. And also because the sound of the huge waves crashing is really cool.
I know these pictures really don't show how massive the waves are, but here they are anyway. :)
Yup, nearly all the beaches were closed.
This one is just a great shot. Go me.
4 comments:
Woo-hoo!!! That is so awesome!! *sigh* I love beaches & the waves. Kiss them for me.
That is awesome. I think you should go see the really big ones. Just don't let Todd go in the water to swim with the turtles. ;)
Wow. That last one is a beautiful photo--the lighting and colors are so perfect! You ought to blow that one up and make it big. Nana knows how to make those into huge poster size, if you want, or anything in-between that and a snap-shot.
I'M SO JEALOUS!!!!! I read about the waves on Sunday(?) and immediately wanted to fly down there!! I would have too if we had money for such things. Man! I wish I was there for the Eddie Aikau competition, they only hold it when waves are over 20 ft and I heard the waves on North shore were expected to reach over 40 ft! sigh.......
Post a Comment