Ha, I like that. Miss Manners should totally change her name. Because really that's what people are asking: "Is it tacky for me to not write thank you notes?", "Is it tacky when I take up two or three parking spaces?", etc.
So I pose the question and created a survey: Todd and I are sending out our wedding invitations soon, and I am wondering whether it's tacky to tell people where we're registered. I understand all the arguments for and against, and am wondering what my . . . 4 friends who read this blog think. Then I'll tell you what I think. After I get back from my fantastic vacation.
5 comments:
Okay, I am voting for no, because how will people know where you are registered, but I need to clarify my position. If it is your first marriage and you are young (as you are), you need to register because there is still a lot of stuff that you need to begin your life together. You need the gifts because you are starting out with nothing except maybe a crappy old set of pots (at least we were). However, if it is your second or third marriage, or you are older and established and you have nice stuff, and don't really need anything, the YES (again) YES it is SOOOOO tacky. In that situation, I think you just need to say "No Gifts Please" somewhere on your invite. But for you and the millions of other people who get married for the first (and hopefully only) time in their 20's, I do not think it is tacky, and I don't think most other people do either! (And that is my rant for the day)!
I don't think it's tacky when I get an invitation saying where they are registered. BUT....I did not say it on my invitation. For some reason I felt really embarrassed/rude putting it on there. I didn't want ANYONE to feel obligated, ya know. Also, I really didnt' know what style we were going for with our home etc, so there really wasn't anything I HAD to have. If you already know exactly what you want and would rather get what you chose, rather than what someone else picked out, then put it on!!!:):):) Ok...that probably made no sense, but you asked, so there is my opinion:)
TACKY - (although since everyone is doing it.... you can probably get away with it nowadays). I like the seperate card if anything --- otherwise, let me guess where you are registered. hmmmmmm Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, Macy's Dillards, Home Depot?
... and make that 5 friends that read your blog. I'm not commenting on if it is tacky or not but we didn't and it worked out really well. If someone wanted to know, they asked my mom. If they didn't care, they bought us stuff from Costco. And that's what you really want, right?
Jen...
It is Keri Corderman. I just wanted to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY today! We share today turning 28 on the 28th! Have a great one!
Post a Comment