I plan to do a longer post about my trip to Europe. Which was fantastic and fun. And cold. But that post will have to wait until I have pictures to accompany it. I took 19 pictures of Big Ben and Parliament. I really enjoyed that group of buildings. They're stunning.
Until I post about my vacation, I am going to tide you over with this video about the king of Spain, who is my new favorite foreign leader. I love politicians who actually speak their minds and react the way normal human beings should. My sister, who spent three months in Spain, told me about the incident.
Hugo Chavez is the leader of Venezuela and a fairly crazy dictator. We don't like him. In this meeting he was attacking the previous prime minister of Spain and rudely interruping the current prime minister. Juan Carlos, the king of Spain, tells Chavez to shut up. Which is awesome. After this incident the king's popularity rose even more. And this clip became a national hit and Spaniards used the king's reprimand as their ringtones and printed it on shirts. I love that! Coolest story of 2007.
2 comments:
That is a great clip! I can't wait to see all your Europe pics!
Sweet friend I am as I had no idea you went to Europe. Well, alrighty that sounds like a wonderful idea. Hey, I'm commenting on your blog so make sure and document it because that doesn't happen too frequently. I just wanted to make sure you had 5 friends now reading it. As far as tackiness, if you don't want a singing salsa and chip hat or a big hot dog that holds condiments and yells "hot dogs get your hot dogs here" or hummingbird book ends then you might want to register.
Post a Comment