So it turns out I have more than 4 friends who read this blog--apparently there are 13. Woo-hoo! And of those 13 people, 53% think it's not tacky to include in our wedding invitations information about where we're registered. Thanks for the input.
I am in a gray area--I think it's tacky, especially when printed directly on the invitation; but I also know it's a necessary evil to avoid weird gifts, and also to make our guests' lives easier (if they choose to bring a gift. Which is not required, future wedding guests of ours. Therein lies my issue--telling people where we're registered seems to imply "bring a gift if you're coming," which I dislike and is not true.) (that was a very big aside).
We are indeed telling people where we're registered, but printed on an insert. And in small font. And mainly to avoid, as was suggested, hummingbird bookends.
3 comments:
You don't want hummingbird bookends?!? Crap, I have to go back to the store now!
I would have been reading your blog but you never told me you created one! I love it!!!
Sweet- I am famous on your blog!!! I knew you'd love the hummingbird bookend comment. Just one of the odd old lady gifts. Don't worry, old ladies don't check registries because obviously they didn't check mine. You still might get something just as wonderful as those were. We were so close to holding on to them for you as we just gave them away last year. We wrapped them up as a re-gift to my brother last year. It was hilarious because he didn't know what to say. He thought we were serious! Funny me, ha ha. Can't wait for the wedding. The invites are beautiful. What is this? I thought we were expecting them to come really late. Man, screwed up my last minute scheduling. Have a good Christmas.
Post a Comment