Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas

In my 28 years I think I've had three white Christmases (Christmi?). This year I went to Todd's family's house in West Jordan, and we very much had a white Christmas. Lots of snow fell Christmas Eve and early Christmas morning, and although it's beautiful, it's so cold and slick. But it was fun to have new snow on Christmas morning.

We drove up to Utah Friday night and hit a storm going up the mountain near Cove Fort (where a raging fire tried to eat me and Lindsay last summer) but we were very lucky in our drive up there. And the drive home yesterday was beautiful and so nice. It's so much easier to drive during daylight, and also to drive south where it only gets warmer.

I am very lucky to be marrying into a great family. It was nice to spend more than a day and a half with them and to see other families' Christmas traditions. Also it was so nice to relax for a few days. I think I might be finally getting over my cold.

And I am so excited because I finished Todd's stocking before Christmas. I feel so crafty. My mom is great and stayed up with me until midnight to finish it. And I'm pretty proud of it (notice the crooked letters--Jen isn't a master sewer, but her goofs have a cool effect).

Todd got me a ceiling fan/light to put in my front room and I am so excited. I don't have any ceiling lights in my front room and have wanted some for 3 years. Yea for Todd. And his parents gave him tools for Christmas, so we're good to go. Todd rocks.

One very cool thing about getting married three weeks after Christmas is people have an easy wishlist for us, and we were very fortunate to get some great gifts. We really do have awesome families.

OH, and at his parents house on Saturday we watched the Las Vegas Bowl game. Go Cougs. That was such a great ending to what was actually a really bad showing by BYU. I now know another random football play--take the knee! Sheesh.


And of course, here's the requisite Jen's Random Picture of the Trip picture, taken through the windshield of my car, just north of St. George.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Todd's stocking is really cool! You are so crafty! I'm glad you had a good time with his parents. It's always nice when you actually like your in-laws!

Todd said...

I'm glad you like his parents too. He's such an amazing guy! And he's totally hot! What a catch you got yourself!

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

That photo is beautiful--I'm very impressed. It's so wonderful when you catch such a view spontaneously. Move over Peter Lik!