Thursday, November 8, 2007

Fall (a.k.a. "The Most Random Post Ever")

Fall is my favorite season of the year (see the preceding post--odd how my favorite holiday occurs during the fall). I wonder if I love fall precisely because it ushers in Halloween and the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons. Maybe.

But I do know I don't love it because it gets cold.

I live in here for a very specific reason--heat. People complain about the summers, but I'd much rather have sweat dripping down my face the moment I walk outside than to take baby steps so I don't slip on ice or have my lungs spasm because it's so dang cold.

Right now we're having what is called an "indian summer" and we are setting record high temperatures. It was 83 degrees here yesterday. In November. I love it! So I get to have chilly nights, gorgeous changing colors, AND short-sleeved shirts. It's fantastic.

Speaking of colors, here's a picture I took in southern Utah the first weekend in October. I do love fall colors. And I love this picture. I'm actually really proud of myself for this one.

p.s. Why does the fall season get two names: fall and autumn? The other seasons don't get several titles. That's random.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also love fall! It is the most amazing season out here. I thought it was pretty in Utah, but Vermont wins the "Most Beautiful Autumn" contest! You and Todd should come out here sometime and see it (this is my shameless plug to get people to visit)!