UNLV is again headed to the NCAA tournament. I'm so excited.
This weekend was pretty much the best ever, because I got to work in my yard and attend three days of basketball games. The Rebels took the MWC tournament, again, and it was again a great game against BYU. I bleed blue during football season, but my basketball loyalties will always be in Las Vegas. I've been to at least one UNLV basketball game a season since I was about 8 years old (growing up I was my dad's basketball buddy and I loved it. Those memories are probably a huge factor in my Runnin' Rebel adoration.).
So yea for Rebel March Madness 2008!
5 comments:
Ooh! I was wondering if you were going to post about this! Justin is so excited! He couldn't wait to see all of his friends today (because he's a Rebel and they are all BYU fans)!
I heard it was a great game, we wish ESPN would have carried it!
Yeah, it was a great game. I'd yelled so much for the two pervious games that I forced myself to sit still because my throat hurt so bad. But at the end I had to cheer. That's sad ESPN didn't have it.
And yes, Justin should totally put that in the faces of the BYU fans, because when BYU killed UNLV in Provo, Whit's BYU friends weren't nice to poor UNLV.
Can't Justin take the day off this Thursday to go to Omaha? :)
I thought of you the entire time Brandon and I watched the game, you TRAITOR!!! Brandon wouldn't stop saying how unfair it is that they always get to play on their home turf. What do you say about that? huh? huh??? :)
Ha, silly. Glad you thought of me. Go Rebs.
I say, how many people want to to go Utah or Colorado in March? The MWC tournament has much lower attendance when it's not in Vegas.
And BYU's Las Vegas following, and its proximity to Las Vegas, gave them nearly as many fans as UNLV's.
So yeah, it's unfair to always have it here, but it's the city every team wants to visit.
Plus, BYU got Anaheim and we're going to Nebraska?! That should take a bit of the edge off Brandon's complaints. Never fear, Karma evens out everything.
I was always glad when Uncle Greg couldn't make a UNLV basketball game, because he would often give the tickets to us. I may have never seen them play if not for the Ripps! My dad still to this day talks about the time he went with Uncle Greg to see UNLV play Duke for the championship.
Post a Comment