Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Quite contrary

After I bought the house I realized I greatly enjoy gardening. I loved landscaping the front and back yards and the upkeep that comes with those projects--weeding, planting and updating flowers and plants, etc. I love it.

But a garden isn't complete without fun random points of interest. Like statues and other friends available at all landscape stores.

One of the many things Todd and I agree on is that pets are bad bad things. Yea for small miracles! So instead of pets, or kids (at this point), I have garden children. And I love them. They have names. I have the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki guy, Mo the fish, Purpura the large bird, and Jugo the small orange chiming bird.

This Christmas I received my fifth garden child. And it's a gargolye! A garden gargoyle! Remember how at Notre Dame Jen decided gargoyles rock and she wanted one for the house? My friend gave me this little guy for Christmas, and I love my garden gargoyle and new child. His name is McPing.

So, mighty Internet and blogging friends, I introduce you to the newest member of our family, McPing. Notice how he vigilantly watches over the back yard. Protecting us from . . . whatever gargoyles protect you from.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting fact: I learned the other day that gargoyles are supposed to protect you from evil! So you will have a very "evil-free" garden! I want to see pics of all your "garden children"! I love it!!

By the way, pets are a bad bad thing. Good for you and Todd for knowing that!!

Dalton Family said...

OH, you crack me up! THat is awesome!

Rachel B. said...

Jen! How crazy and fun to hear from you! I love the blogging world too. How exciting that you just got married. And holy cow to the pictures of your reception. Gorgeous! And you were an absolutely beautiful bride!

Whenever I think of you I think of speedy road trips down to Vegas. :) You were always so nice to let me mooch rides down with you.

As for Colorado...I like it. I wouldn't say I love it though. But I think if you're outdoorsy you would love it. We're really boring so we don't go out and do all the things that Colorado has to offer. So for us it's just like any other place. The church is really strong here though and we absolutely LOVE all the friends we've made. So yeah, don't cross it off your list.

Great to hear from you and I look forward to keeping up on your life!

Whitney said...

You were right: I greatly enjoyed this post. McPing is adorable (and his name makes me giggle). And I have yet to meet Jugo the orange bird. I love his name too though, as I do all of your garden children. May I just say that your family is almost as diverse as Angelina Jolie's?

Jen said...

Good to know about gargoyles and evil. I wonder if it works for ants . . ..


Rachel, it's so funny you said that about trips from Provo because when I found your blog I thought the same thing. It was always so nice to have people to drive with me.


And yes, I am the Brangelina of the plant world. Good call.

Jess said...

THAT IS SO YOU!!!

Meg said...

LOVE IT!!!!!