This weekend my friend and I were talking about the movies women watch to help them get over a breakup or feel better about their dating lives (some movies make you feel better because of the male lead's sweetness, and some movies just make you wish you had a boyfriend who is like the protagonist and then you feel worse). We came up with a chart for the movies, and I've attached it below. I thought you all might enjoy it.
I placed Ryan Reynolds as #2 because my friend suggested him, not necessarily because I believe he should be on this list. What male character deserves the coveted "barely less romantic than Titanic" slot, and why?
Is it . . . Mr. Darcy, because although he's aloof and snotty and has sensitivity issues, his glances at Elizabeth just melt the hearts of women everywhere? (I cannot BELIEVE I forgot about Mr. Darcy!)
17 comments:
This is a great chart. Jim from The Office would be at the top of my list. Mostly because he is cute and funny and you can't beat his confession of love to Pam on Casino Night.
Ah I can't believe you forgot Mr Darcy! This is a fun chart though! Love it. Made my day!
That is awesome! I also love Jim from The Office, but my secret movie boyfriend is Michael Vartan...the teacher from Never Been Kissed/Alias.
All of the above suggestions are fantastic! Many may not agree with me but how about Rhett Butler from Gone With the Wind, played by the wonderful Clark Gable?
For me, it's Tristan from the movie "Stardust". He's just so good yet goofy, and the throughout the movie he continually protects the girl he loves, even though at the beginning she kind of doesn't deserve it.
Ah, yes, Mr. Darcy. I would have placed him above Leonardo (I am just really not that big a fan - I don't get what people see in him).
I would like to add Jim Caveziel (sp?) from Count of Monte Cristo. Perhaps it's not really that romantic, but come on - how HOT is he!?!
This whole post just makes me giggle.....although i wonder how Gilbert Blythe missed the list?????
You guys have great suggestions! I love reading these and seeing how big the list is becoming. Keep it up!
Jim Halpert--I definitely neglected that one. I do love how he treats Pam.
Michael Vartan is a very goodlooking secret movie boyfriend to have!
I might get kicked out of the Woman Club for this, but I'm not into Gone With the Wind and have only seen it once, so I'm not familiar with Rhett Butler, although he sure is a dashing man.
Aw, Tristan. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how the star glows when he's around. I get teary every time.
That's totally funny because I almost put Jim Caviezel on the list until I remembered Denny Duquette. Great minds . . ..
I'm not an Anne of Green Gables fan, either, and I hate to admit it but I had to Google Gilbert Blythe. :) I do remember him being so sweet to Anne.
Ok sorry had to add my other suggestion. I can't help loving Bill Pullman in While You Were Sleeping. Although, Gilbert Blythe is so sweet!
I can't belive you forgot Mr. Darcy either! What is about those looks! And at the end... "My deareast, lovely Elizabeth." Be still my heart. I can't even count how many times I've watched that. :) Though not as much recently... I have my own fairy tale dream guy. ;)
I love the list, but I must admit with Ariane that Mr. Darcy would definitly be at the top of the list (perhaps replace Leonardo), he was a gentleman!!!
I love your comments on bugs. I feel the same way as you. I call them intruders. H&M is an awesome store. They need one closer to us or an online store. Also post a pic of your new haircut!!
Hey Jen, good list! Not your normal top men but very good! I am disappointed that you forgot Mr. Darcy too! He got me through many years of stupid men! It was great running into you the other day. I love your blog!
Jen, I found your blog through Jessica - I hope you don't mind me popping in! I love your list! I have to agree with the comments though - Darcy and Gilbert would tie for first! I also love the suggestions of Jim from the Office and Michael Vartan (what a hottie!). If you wanted to check out my blog it is: cookeninnv.blogspot.com
Oh! I forgot Rhett Butler too - in the movie you don't get to know his character like you do in the book (as always) and I LOVED reading Rhett Butlers People - it is basically Rhetts side of the story and it is approved (by whom I do not know, but it is the "official" story). So I agree with the Hills, he is a great one for my list!
#2 guy I'm not even really sure who he is. Someone who is that beautiful? Hmmm... not sure. But, I do know who would be at the top of my list- Orlando Blood as Legolas. I loved him before the book and you couldn't have picked a better actor for the part. No worries- Aaron is aware of my partiality. Deny is an awesome choice by the way. The whole list in general was fabulou.
Ok, I know this is a long comment list but I would have to say Edward Cullen from the Twilight series is the epitome of a perfect and beautiful man, and he's not even real so you can make him as amazing as you want. Yeah vampires!
Post a Comment