We did many happy things this weekend. We went on a happy hike up a volcano, and it was a tougher climb than I imagined, but the view at the top was totally worth it. I love these white and red
We had a Foosball tournament, and it was happy. Lindsay and my dad, whose team name I won't repeat because most people don't work in the medical field and therefore don't appreciate its humor, won the tournament. They were amazing. I was impressed because we all are actually pretty dang good Foosball players.
So overall, my happy place was happy. But the following story is not happy.
My favorite bathroom in the cabin is in the basement. It's bigger and has better water pressure and no one uses it because it's in the basement. Where the mice die in the toilet and the daddy long legs retire in the corners.
I got out of the shower the first morning, after I had done what I thought was a complete sweep of the bathroom. There, staring right across from me, was this bug.
If it hadn't been on its back, things would have been really sad. And naked.(You'll notice I again used my forensic skills to show the size of this thing.) I still used the bathroom the whole weekend, but it was a bit disconcerting to see it laying there, staring at me with its alien eyes. And no, those black things under its face aren't outlining its chin--those are its pinchers. Which it was waving at me the first time I saw it.
I was going to ask you guys if you know what bug it is (those of you from Idaho are probably shaking your heads at me, wondering why Nevadans don't know these bugs). Yesterday I contacted What's That Bug to try to figure out what this is and on their site I discovered--it's a potato bug. What?! And as my sister Lindsay so eloquently said, "Could you imagine one of those things just waving from a russet?"
14 comments:
That bug is just wrong and disturbing. Sick, sick, sick, sick, sick!
I would so have stopped showering down there. You are a way stronger person than I. That is a gross bug and I will have to show Eric the picture since he is from Idaho. That bug is extremely gross and makes me want to have nothing to do with potatoes or Idaho. Don't tell Eric. But even with the bug your weekend sounded way fun and I am glad you were so happy.
That is THE MOST DISGUSTING bug I have ever seen!!!!!! It gave me the chills just seeing it dead in your picture! I love your bug posts, they are hilarious! What a fun weekend (minus the bug, of course)
umm....HAIR pictures....STAT!! Seriously....NOW! :)
Isn't that the nastiest bug? I shall call her HellBug. Eew.
I'll get the hair pictures up ASAP, provided it looks good the day I remember.
I read your post yesterday and all I could think of was EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sadly that's still all I can think of.
I still want to see the hair picture!
I came back to your blog again today, for a little more torture. I even clicked on the bug picture to make it larger! NASTY! It has beady little black eyes staring up at you, even in it's death. SICK!!!! I feel all itchy like bugs are crawling on me! I shall not visit this post again.
Thanks for capturing that gross creature on digital---now I can be re-creeped out every time I look at your website. That is the skin-crawlingest, most disturbing, nightmarish, unrealest, nastiest thing I've ever seen. It must have been Hitler in a previous life!
That is the yuckiest bug I've ever seen. It's like a mutant bug-gross. You're right, you do like to talk about bugs a lot considering how much you detest them.
You always have the most disgusting bug stories. It makes me shudder! Those pinchers are disgusting. I hope that someone (perhaps Todd or your dad) disposed of it before you left. Ewww.
I LOVE the new haircut! So cute. It makes me laugh that Lindsay says it looks like me, but I'll take the compliment. It totally works with your face. Hmmm, maybe I will have to borrow that pic for my next trip to the salon. Is it layered a lot?
Sadly and randomly, we left Hellbug in the basement. We were afraid he'd clog the toilet. :) Todd is going up there in a week to take Boards, so maybe he'll dispose of it then. Maybe not.
The cut is actually Gwenyth Paltro's long bob--I love it. So Google pictures of her cut and take it to your hairdresser. It's such a fun cut. And no, it's not layered at all, which is weird for me but it really makes it cute when I flat iron it. I'll send you a picture of that.
bug = Bahhh! It terrorizes my thoughts and dreams and any moments in between.
And your bangs, I decided, are just being friendly. It looks like a little hand is waving hello (or possibly waving "help I'm drowning in a sea of cute bobbed-ness")
Cute, cute haricut!!
My wife is beautiful!
Post a Comment