Monday, September 8, 2008

Join me in flagging a blog, will you?

I don't care what you think about a candidate's views--personal attacks on a candidate's children, especially a baby with down syndrome, are out of line, inappropriate, and despicable. This blog is dedicated to the youngest child of Governor Sarah Palin, and I hope enough of us can flag this blog or contact Blogger to convince them to remove it. (I realize there are probably plenty of nasty sites around, but it irks me this is a Blogger entry.)

Why do people think it's ok to attack someone's sweet baby in such a way? Horrible. It wasn't ok when the press hounded the teenage Chelsea Clinton, and it's not ok to do it now.

Cheap shots.

(I got this story from Right Wing News, but partisanship aside, that blog is indeed real and nasty.)

9 comments:

Britty said...

Wow - seriously??? I flagged it. It's disgusting, not to mention CRAAAZY.

Unknown said...

That is just horrible! Seriously, who would do that?!? I don't care what your political affiliation is, some things are just wrong!

So how do you flag it? It takes me a little while to figure out how to do new things on the computer.

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

On the Blogger toolbar at the top, on the left next to "Search Blog" is the "Flag Blog" button. Then you have to go through a few screens to submit the flag.

I really am amazed how dirty politics can be, and how nuts supporters are.

Tiffany said...

That is just sick. Clearly, that author is not a parent. Thanks for pointing that out, I flagged it for sure.

The Davis' said...

Truly disturbing! I flagged it!

The Hills said...

I flagged it. I was just as sickened by some of the comments trying to say that sort of crap is the author's constitutional right. What is wrong with people today?

Maren and Rik said...

ya, that's bad. I flagged them. Hopefully it will be off Blogger soon.

Whitney said...

You know, I'm a big fan of freedom of speech and the Bill of Rights, so I always try not to punish a person for things they say (even if I find it to be completely tactless, offensive, and evil), but Blogger maintains a policy through which hate speech can be reported, and that was truly yucky and hateful, so I flagged it (I tried to flag it twice).