There doesn't seem much in the world to be excited about or to feel we have control over--the economy is sinking, the housing market is sad sad sad, in three weeks we have to choose between the lesser of two evils as the most powerful person in the United States, Fox doesn't post a show online until eight days after it was shown on TV, etc.
Recently I've made myself happy by becoming victorious over one annoyance: Blogger word

verification. Some sites use actual words to help our brains decipher the verification, and although some use random letters they do so in a nice non-fuzzy Arial font. Not our Blogger. They use many different colors and random
serif(!) fonts whose letters blend together and create a string of letters that's far longer than it needs to be. Like this.
This drives me nuts! All I want to do is comment, not strain my eyes trying to figure out if that's two Vs or a W. Bah.
So I'm bucking the system. Instead of playing their game, if I get a long string of letters or a

weird fuzzy font I merely input a random letter and press enter. Blogger then gives me an easier, shorter, sans-serif string of letters. Like this.
I feel so powerful.
It's the little things that make my days bright, people.
14 comments:
I've got to admit that I hate those things. I think in my almost 2 years of blogging I've only had one random computerized comment left on my blog. I personally hardly find the word verification necessary. I'm glad to know how to make it easier though. I'll have to go try that out right now on yours. ;)
Thanks for the good tip! Totally doing that. V. jealous of your Alaska trip.
You crack me up. Thanks for the tip.:) How was your craft night? Sorry I missed it; no babysitter. :)
Triumph!!
I'm not even sure I understand what you are saying. Though it is 2 in the morning.
I just finished commenting on Janelle's blog where I have to input those STUPID characters. I was thinking how annoying it is...then I come to your blog and read your post...it made my day!! I am not the only one who thinks they are rediculous! Glad to know...
You are so funny. I love it! Yay you for finding a way around the system! You are not going to let the man keep you down!! I think I am going to have to steal your trick!
. . . and, putting my money where my mouth is (per se), I have taken off word verification for comments on my blog. Ta da!
you weirdo :)
What is the point of those things, anyway? Are there robo-commenters out there we need to be protected from?
So, I don't know exactly what show you're trying to watch, but Hulu.com has pretty much revolutionized my tv watching. You should check it out.
And I do dislike those little prove-you-aren't-a-perverted-computer-message things. They're just bothersome.
I so hate those word things. Half the time I get them wrong. I am impressed you got it off your thing. Impressive.
Victory.
Thank you. I absolutely HATE blogger's letter verification thing. I mean, do most people really even NEED those on their blog? I've had ours for a year and a half without it, and only once did I get a spammy type comment. I say people of the blogging world unite and just ditch the darn thing altogether!!!!
Post a Comment