The place mat project is actually going to happen soon, because on Saturday my mom and I went to Home Fabrics and Joann and found the most awesome and adorable fabric for the Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Halloween sets. We also found the most eclectic color combination ever for my happiness set. As we were getting our fabric cut, my mom asked if I had thread, and I responded, "Do I have a sewing machine for the thread?" (the answer is no; luckily my mom has several sewing machines).
After I got home and had totally dorked out showing Todd all my fabric, he handed me a present
and said he couldn't wait any longer to give me my birthday gift. My birthday is still a month and a half away, but the present was burning a hole in Todd's pocket (as it were) so he couldn't resist. I love that about him.
and said he couldn't wait any longer to give me my birthday gift. My birthday is still a month and a half away, but the present was burning a hole in Todd's pocket (as it were) so he couldn't resist. I love that about him.So I opened it, and it was . . . a sewing machine! My very own sewing machine! I'm so excited. And officially an adult.
Let the projects begin.
13 comments:
How fun! I love projects, I wish I had more time to do them. I want to see them when you are done so post a picture of them.
Congratulations! That is so fun! I can't wait to see the finished project!
How fun! I wish I could sew. I took a sewing class in high school and didn't do so well. It is fun to have projects though, I do do cross stitching (well, I used to anyway) and a little painting.
First thought - the penguin quilt?!?! You ARE ambitious.
Second thought in response to your response to your mom about the thread - My older sister (who loves to sew fancy dresses for her girls and totally awesome Halloween costumes) once said to me, "Joann's has sewing machines on sale. You should get one." My response, "What do I need one of those for? I'll just have mom sew for me. Or you!"
Third thought - Wow, Todd somehow got you the best present ever. How is he going to out-do himself next year?
He is so cool! That's awesome! Now will you come help me learn to sew??!! I want to do it. I am intimidated by it! Help!
Way to go Todd!!! Aren't fabric stores addicting!? I'm excited to see what you do!
You crack me up! I love that Todd bought a sewing machine for you! Sewing is fun! And it's so easy to see the progress you make! I can't wait to see how it all turns out!
Oh, that's so cute! We love Todd.
And the penguin quilt = PURE happiness
What a great present. Husbands can be so thoughtful. Good luck on the quilt that looks intimidating. But I am sure it will turn out. Isn't it fun to pick out the fabric. It always makes me want to get started on the project right away and then everything else gets ignored in my life. Good luck. Can't wait to see the finished result.
I love those placemats. They're great and they totally look like you (you know what I mean)! I can't wait to see the fabrics you chose and how your placemats and table runners turn out! Good job Todd on the sewing maching.
Happy Sewing!! It is an awesome hobby and I love to do it! You feel so proud to have made you very own decorations and cute crafts!
My mom tried to teach me to sew one time...I just wasn't patient enough. I totally regret it! Believe it or not...Bryson owns a sewing machine (paid someone in the Navy, who needed diapers for his baby, some money for it...not sure how much. This was even before we had met! Pretty funny!). Anyway, one of these days I am going to bust out that sewing machine and try to sew again! You are definitely inspiring me...Thanks!
I would love a sewing machine, even though I don't really sew- but hey- I could learn! Way to go Todd! Maybe I'll have to let Zach see this blog, hmmmmm.....
Post a Comment