I took the picture to the right in Juneau. The tiny print at the bottom says, "The city made me post this."
"The winter Olympics are like a liberal with a baseball bat: you may not like him, but you have to respect him." -Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy
On the Twilight series: "I'm not going to defend them any more than I'm going to defend Twinkies--you go and get yourself a Twinkie when you have a very specific kind of craving. If you want gourmet pastry, or even a homemade cake, you know where to get that. If you're eating a Twinkie, you clearly know what you want and why you're eating it, and you know that it's not good to eat very many of them, but... you know... sometimes you just want one." -cleolinda.livejournal.com/
"Is there anything more comforting than Lennie Briscoe, Sam Waterston's eyebrows and the soothing CHUN CHUN of justice?" -GoFugYourself.com
"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -Winnie the Pooh
"NObama. You can keep the change." -Some guy's shirt at Art in the Park (it was funnier in October)
"Government: If you think the problems we create are bad, just wait until you see our solutions." -Despair.com
"You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness, and I won't kill you, because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever." -The Joker"I'm talkin' about flying Twinkies and you're worried about a string? What are you, a cat?" -Get Fuzzy
"A taxpayer voting for Barack Obama is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders." -RightWingNews.com
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." -Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey
"Brother Rat's House O' Redemption: The more that I'm given, The more you're forgiven." -Pearls Before Swine
"Boring Bella...generally just repeats herself ad nauseum about how Edward's face/chest/voice/muscles/eyes/lips/piano talent/strength/secret macrame projects are more beautiful and perfect than anything in the human realm." -GoFugYourself.com
"After losing Prop 8 in California, gay supporters of the bill went on a rampage and proved that they're actually much less tolerant of differing opinions than the Christians they're always lecturing about tolerance." John Hawkins at townhall.com
What's the funniest quote you read in 2008?
7 comments:
I definately like the NObama. And the Boring Bella. It's funny and I haven't even read the thing.
Avery says "fings" all the time. And "I fink...."
I can't think of any quotes to share. My brain has already shut down for the night...
That sign is awesome! I also am a huge fan of the prop 8 quote - it made me smile! Thanks for sharing these!
Those are all funny! I hadn't heard most of them. Did you guys have a nice Christmas??
I love that I've read a lot of this on your gmail statuss. :) But they still make me laugh. I think they are some of the funniest things I've read in 08. And maybe 09.
My favorite comes compliments of Larysa (who is funny):
"seeing guys from our freshman ward is something to laugh at, not embrace."
I suppose it is probably only funny at a certain stage of life, but I do love it so.
I think my favorite quote is from Dave Barry's year in year, going something like this:
"After winning the '08 campaign, Obama fans celebrated, even spilling out of the New York Times new room."
I know, not the original by any means, but just the thought of it makes me giggle. I enjoyed your quotes- especially the twinkies and twilight analogy. Tis a good one.
K just reread my comment and it needs to be Dave Barry's year in review. Silly Lindsay.
Post a Comment