We forgot our camera, which is really lame of us, but luckily Todd's phone takes pretty good photos. When we first got to the beach we were standing at the edge of the water, trying to get a shot of the eight or so turtles swimming in the waves. We weren't very successful. Then we sheepishly noticed that about 40 yards away were two turtles basking on the beach, surrounded by people. Hint--look for the bright red rope and huge crowd.
The turtles are so cool. We also got to see two more come out of the ocean and use their flippers to move up the beach out of most of the waves. Then they just plop down and chill. Video of crawling turtle to follow--it's still on Todd's phone.
Also, they're surprisingly cute for such gigantic sea creatures.
9 comments:
That is SO awesome! I'm taking notes on all the cool places you go so if/when we get to come over I have a list of where to visit!:) What fun adventures for you two!
Those are awesome pictures, I wouldn't have known they were from a phone if you hadn't said it. How fun!
How cool!! Dennis would be SO jealous - he loves sea turtles. :-)
Wow.
Giant turtles are so much better than giant centepedes!
I am glad that you found some local critters that you like. I never saw turtles when we were there, so we missed out on that one. I would enjoy sunning myself on the Hawaiian beaches too. Those turtles know what is good for them.
That is fantastic!!! Are they still going to be there when Mom and I come?? We could let Daniel ride on one. Crazy Hawaii where you can find huge turtles tanning themselves.
How cool. I'll have to check that out when "someday" rolls around. I forgot you were moving to DC this summer! I'm so excited. I'm already planning...
So cool! How is everything?
Daniel on a sea turtle---what a cute picture! Or do the red ropes keep people away? We'll be sneaky...
Post a Comment